Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Fairy Shadow Box



I made this shadow box years ago – the fairy has traveled with me to a few houses, apartments, then across country.  The shadow box is only 4” x 4” and I found it at the Dollar Store.  I kick myself often because there were a bunch of them there and I only bought two thinking (yeah, I always get in trouble when I think) that I’d be able to go back and buy more later. . . Haven’t seen them since and I even wrote the Dollar Store company asking for them & got no reply.  I like the box especially because it has a magnetic closure on it so you can open it and not disrupt anything.  I painted the fairy – she is made of resin (I found her at American Science & Surplus) with twinkling H20 paints, jazzed up a few flowers I already had, grabbed some velvet leaves out of my stash and here it is!  


6 comments:

  1. Shadow Box is beautiful,
    and I love the flowers!!!~

    MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary :) I appreciate your comments SO much ~

      Delete
  2. Very nice, Christi and thanks for sharing your blog with us at AB. I"m thinking of ordering some H2Os.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coleen - I LOVE H20's - they are SO easy to use, very very sparkley & last FOREVER - I highly recommend them :) Thanks for the comments :)

      Delete

Please let me know what you think - and be sure to leave your blog info so I can come and visit you ~ Thanks!