Followers

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Summer Garden Challenge at Craft-Room Challenges


~*~ This is my one hundredth post!! ~*~ Go ME!

For the 82nd challenge at Craft-Room Challenge, Hazel has chosen the theme of "A Summer Garden".  Once again, I had lofty plans of all the incredible art I was going to create when I realized I was running out of time once again.  Truthfully, as I write this the challenge is almost 1 1/2 weeks away, but I am having major dental surgery at the end of July and I am scrambling like mad to try to ensure all my Design Team work is done.   So by the time you read this I will be happily recuperating because I should be heavily medicated and it will be over and done with.  But I digress. . .
Confused? Read on. . .KaiserCraft on the left, DCWV on the right
 What I Used to Create my Card(s):
  • 2 coordinating pieces of DCWV Linen Closet Stack
  • 1 piece KaiserCraft Lady Rose Collection, Champagne 
  • 1 piece Green paper, for base of KaiserCraft card
  • Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink by Ranger in Fern Green
  • Wendy Vecchi Blooming Art stamp set, SCS119, for sentiment
  • White Cardstock for label
  • Crafters Pick The Ultimate Glue 
  • A2 Pop Up Card - Artisan (Silhouette or Lori Whitlock store)
  • Silhouette Cameo
The final card

The base card (DCWV)
As you know by now I love making 3D things and I had found this card in the Silhouette store named "A2 Pop Up Card - Artisan", which was designed by Lori Whitlock (you can purchase the cut file through the Silhouette store or on the Lori Whitlock site).  It looked like fun and I also love using labels so this was a win win for me!  I purchased the card and opened it up in my Silhouette Studio DE to figure out how to piece the card out for cutting.  Now, I know the challenge is Summer Garden, and I truly thought I could use the paper I initially picked out, which was DCWV Linen Closet Stack (I had some 6" x 12" scraps and I was happy that I could make the card with those).  There are some awesome florals in that stack - very sparkly, glittery and pretty.  It really wasn't until I was almost done with the card that I realized the paper wasn't summery at all. While the paper is indeed sparkly, glittery and pretty, it definitely isn't summery; at least it isn't to me.  So I went and chose some KaiserCraft paper, the collection is called Lady Rose, perfect for "A Summer Garden".  So, I proceeded to make another card. 
The cover card stock, on my cutting mat (DCWV)
Well, I had taken all my pictures using the DCWV paper, so now you'll get to see two different versions of the card.  What I think is really neat about the card is that it stands on it's own and yet, when it is folded in, it still fits in an A2 envelope. I also kept the cover card stock in place as I took it off my cutting mat, in fact, I adhered each piece to the base card as I removed the it to ensure I'd have no pattern upset. I also resized the label down a bit to make the white label that I stamped and put on the front of the KaiserCraft card. Wendy Vecchi's ink matched that green base card perfectly!  See, I truly DO need all of those ink  pads!

 
View from the top of the card (KasierCraft) 

When I make the card again, I think I'll put 2 of the white labels together (fold over, like a place card) so if I want to write something "in" the card I'll have a space to do it in.  All in all I am excited about how simple it was to put these together and I immediately thought of holiday cards - how pretty would some festive Christmas or Chanukah paper would look! And with my "place card" idea the structure of the card would still be the same and I can write a little note on each card.  Or, even Halloween!! Wouldn't a bat be adorable in place of the label?!? Oh yes, the ideas are rolling in. . .

It really does fit in an A2 envelope! (A2 is card size 5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
  
And a final look - the colors aren't as bright in this picture for some reason.  They are truer in the other pictures.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope my directions weren't too confusing.  Please, feel free to contact by using the Contact Form on the side bar, or leave me a comment if you have any questions.  In fact, leave me a comment even if you don't have any questions (and leave your blog address in your comment so I can stop by your blog!) Also, please pop by Craft-Room Challenges and enter!! Fabulous new challenge every 2 weeks ~ Have a wonderful day ~ Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
I Love to Create - #127, Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers and More - #120, Fancy Folds
Stamping Sensations - August Challenge, Anything Goes 
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - L is for Layers
Sister Act Card Challenge - #68, Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)