Followers

Monday, December 29, 2014

Better Late Than Never ~ Season's Greetings ~ The Quickie Card

I made this card for my sister who lives in Florida.  I made it and mailed it yesterday - a bit late, but, we're flexible like that.  Needless to say I didn't get a single picture of the construction of the card, but I think it is fairly straight forward.  If you have any questions just leave me a comment or use the "contact me " form on the right had side of this blog.

Something I do often when I am using my Big Shot and dies is I cut out more than what I need.  In this case, I had just gotten the Sizzix Alterations Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script set and I cut out a bunch of holiday sayings. I use temporary tape to tape the words that go together and to try to keep the little dots for the i where I can find it - I also use temporary tape to tape any extra die cuts to a piece of copy paper, or thin cardboard, so they are all together and they don't get smooshed (I do the same thing with my Dresden foils). 


What I Used to Make my Card:
Sizzix Alterations Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script (660058)
Piece of Light Gold Cardstock (used for the die cut)
White Card Base
Decorative Red & Gold Paper (gotten in a Kit years ago)
Christmas Tree Cut Out (I have no idea where I got this)
Jolee's Boutique Christmas Lights Stickers (leftovers from years ago)
Gold Sequin Star
2 Small Green Sequin Stars

I had already decided to use the red & gold decorative paper and the "Seasons Greetings" die cut - they had been floating around my desk for weeks now.   I was digging through my stash when I came across what I thought was a scrap piece of green paper when in fact it was a cut out of a tree.  So I popped that out of it's frame and I felt it fit the size of the card and the sentiment perfectly.  I knew I had saved what was left of the Jolee's Boutique stickers so I found them and was pleasantly surprised how well they complimented the tree (rarely does a card "fall" together like this for me). The only small dilemma was the cardstock Jolee's Boutique used on the green stars was the exact shade of the tree and they blended in so well you couldn't tell they were there.  I solved that by attaching little green sequin stars - so now the green stars pop right out. I glued all the embellishments onto the tree before I attached it to the card then glued everything together.  That was it.  I'm impressed by how cohesive the card looks since it was so spur of the moment!
Another view of the card perched on my brand new easel stand that was made out of balsa wood! Sorry you can't really see the star on the tree top that well - it's gold - you are just going to have to trust me!
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! I may be back with another card, who knows! Thanks for stopping by ~ Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Stamps & Fun = Creativity - Christmas (until 1/5/15) 
Use Your Stuff - #166, Anything Goes (entry #3)(until 1/5/15)
Card Mania - #63, Anything Goes (until 1/8/15) 
Splendiferous Creations - Holiday Cards
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog - #294, Christmas/New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)