Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sparkling Snowflake Square Card

Hi everyone - this time of year can get very dreary for me. I truly think I am part bear and I should hibernate, the sun is not peeking out enough and the cold, well, the cold is downright mean to my body! However, I still get excited when I see snowflakes falling from the sky {it's snowing as I write this!} - they are so beautiful!  I decided to make this card to celebrate the sparkling snowflakes of the season and besides, who doesn't love playing with Stickles?
The colors match much nicer in person - not sure if it my monitor that shows them not quite matching.

What I Used to Make My Card:
Square Light Blue Card Base
White Cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Cut File (freebie)
Stickles in Arctic Ice,  Diamond & Disco
Liquid Pearls in Platinum
Corner Punch from All Night Media 
Snowflakes cut from Cameo in shades of Blue and White
White Cardstock for Panel

The hardest part of this card is deciding which snowflake cut file to use.  I have literally hundreds that I have amassed from the internet - there are so many freebie files out there!! I wish I could tell you where I got this particular one, but I can't recall exactly.  However, if you like the file drop me a line and I will gladly share it with you.  

All I had in mind before I started this card was that I wanted the card to be simple, yet have awesome sparkle, and I think I accomplished that!  I like that it can be used as a holiday card or a "just because" winter card.  The inside is blank. 
Layers
First, choose the colors of blue you would like to use, then cut your files.  I sized the largest snowflake to fit on a standard square card (sized them all at the same time so they'd all be the right size).  Once all my snowflakes were cut, I went to Stickles town!  I just put the glitter glue where ever I wanted to.  I cut the largest and the third snowflake out of blue cardstock & the smallest and second out of white paper and that sort of dictated where to put what Stickles.  One the largest blue snowflake I tipped off the tear drop shapes with Arctic Blue,
Snowflake alone

and used Disco on the inner rim (this makes much more sense when you look at the pictures), I decorated the same spots on the other blue flake, except I used Arctic Blue on the whole thing.  The largest white flake had the tear drop shape outlined in Diamond, and the center flake had the tear drop shapes and the inner circle outlined in Diamond.  The very center of the flake was dotted with the Liquid Pearls in Platinum.  Dry them all overnight and then assemble the snowflake.  I wanted a mat under the flake, so I cut out a square out of white cardstock, clipped the corners and attached the snowflake to the white mat, which I then adhered to the square card.

I could definitely see me making more of these for holiday cards next year in an assembly line fashion. It's an easy & elegant card!  I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial and please consider subscribing as I am on a mission to hit 100 subscribers. Thanks!!! Christi 
Another view of the finished card


I would like to enter my Sparkling Snowflake Card in the following challenges:
Little Red Wagon - #273, No Text, No Sentiment
Frilly & Funkie - Winter Wishes Challenge 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Winter Stamping
The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - #25, W is for Wow, it's Cold Outside
Moving Along With the Times - Dies and/or Punches
Deep Ocean Challenge - Winter Dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)