Followers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Krafty Valentine

I almost feel bad about posting this card - it is THAT easy.  The key is the Kraft paper from My Mind's Eye Life Stories paper bundle, which is unfortunately discontinued (but available online in many places - I looked!). This so reminds me of the "love" notes we'd send in school, all folded up, with directions on who to deliver it to, of course with a strict No Peeking Policy, "Check the box - Do you like me? [] Yes []No", or, the even bolder "Will you go out with me? []Yes or []No. We had to make things simple for the note's intended, and be to the point so there was no misunderstanding or confusion.  I always felt a note was better than actually asking, face to face, since a note could be used as evidence if they decided to deny that they said liked you.  Fickle boys!  

For being so simple, I think it's kinda cute

What I Used to Make this Card
Cream Card Base
MME Life Stories Paper Pack
4 Black Photo Corners
Small Heart (from another card)
Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink in Geranium

This was a very easy card, since the paper from the MME stack did all the work for me.  I cut the square out of the 12 x 12 piece of paper and edged it with the Wendy Vecchi ink in Geranium.  I had saved all the little hearts that came from making this card and I used one of them to "tick" off the Valentine's Day square.  I wanted the card to look somewhat vintage, so I pulled out my photo corners (that I have had for more years than I can remember) and attached the Kraft panel to the card.  For how amazingly simple this card was, I think it makes a statement all on it's own. 

Thanks for taking time to read my little tutorial (if I can even call it that).  I appreciate each comment you leave me, and, please, leave your blog in the comment so I can pop over to your place.  I also hope you will consider becoming a follower of mine and help me reach my goal of 100 followers. Thank you so much for stopping by! Christi
You can see the Geranium ink in this picture better



I would like to enter my Krafty Valentine in the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges -  #99, Valentine's Day
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - #163 (my little heart is a snippet)
Make My Monday - Valentine's
Sister Act - #93, Anything Goes
Scrap & Craft - #2, Valentine's, Love, Romance
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Card Mania - #65, Add Some Red
4 Crafty Chicks - #233, Valentine's

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)