Followers

Monday, March 30, 2015

Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 - March Tag

I have to admit - this whole time that I have been making my 12 tags of 2015, I have been using the wrong sized tags! But, thanks to my good friend at Alleystamps (I was running out last month if you recall) I got my tags and they are the correct size! So here is my take on Tim's March Tag
 
 What I Used to Create my Tag:
#8 Manilla Tag
Scrap Paper already colored with Distress Paints 
Golden Light Molding Paste
Gold Embossing Powder
Clear Embossing Powder
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Butterfly Stamp - Magenta, 36-002-K
Tim Holtz Schoolhouse Stencil #THS011
Assorted Embellishments


I used some leftover paper I had colored with Distress Paints for another project, so I used that and covered my tag with it.  I stamped on the butterfly (which I have had for years but never used!) and made an old fashioned mask (with post it notes) and spread the light molding paste through the stencil. I wasn't sure if the molding paste would work, but I didn't have much choice. Thank goodness I think it worked fine.  I sprinkled the gold embossing powder over the molding paste,  but I didn't read what Tim posted about waiting for the paste to dry before heating the embossing powder - live and learn - but even with that being a potential disaster, once again the tag made it through.  Because the tag is so colorful, I just added a few butterfly and flower gems to it and topped it off with a Chit Chat sticker, in Kraft, that reads imagination and skipped the ribbon.  A bit of film strip embellishment,
held on with brads and I am done.  Not bad at all!

I am so excited that I am actually keeping this promise I made to myself, and I am going to complete the 12 Tags of 2015 Challenge! If you enjoyed reading this post, I'd love for you to help me reach my goal of 100 new subscribers in 2015 ~ Thanks! Christi

Another look at the final tag.
I would like to enter my tag in the following challenges:
Not Just Cards Challenge - #16, Anything Goes 
The Pink Elephant - #292, Anything Goes
Tim Holtz - 12 Tags of 2015, March Tag
Artful Times - #77, In the Style of Tim Holtz
NBUS Challenge - #4, Anything Goes #2

12 comments:

  1. love the way your tag turned out. love the backgrounds. the colors are gorgeous and are blended beautifully. i will have to talk to you about having a butterfly stamp and not use it!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I am wanting MORE butterfly stamps!!

      Delete
  2. Wow... What a fabulous tag. LOVE the vibrant colors and your embellishment.vyou did a great job on this.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Monica! I need your blog address again, please, as I lost it when my old computer decided to stop working. Your comments are always so uplifting :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Janine about the butterfly stamp! I really like it. The black against the colorful background is striking! Also, I could just eat up those embellishments. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Shan - I appreciate your comments so much!! Sooo, you like the sparkles huh?? I need to make you something :) XO

      Delete
  4. Fabulous colours they really pop! Its a great tag - well done! Cx

    ReplyDelete






  5. Lovely colours on your tag.Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with this tag! Nice job with the colors and the different techniques that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bright colours on your tag - think I need to buy some of those paints. What a great job you made of this monthly tag.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, Christi! I really love that stylized butterfly against your rainbow and gold yummy scrumptious background!! WTG with keeping up with the Tim Tags and thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! I'm very sorry to be this late in coming by to comment; life and Easter company just got in the way for me this time. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)