Followers

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Clean and Simple Fall Card

Fall is my favorite season - it's finally cool enough to sleep at night but warm enough you can leave the windows open, it was a beautiful 75 degree day here in my part of Colorado. And I love the colors of this time of year.  I was inspired to make this card while rummaging through my inks and I came across this Kaleidacolor ink pad that I have had since I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (at least 15 years ago!) - it's amazing to me that the pad is still juicy! Anyway, here is my most recent card creation:
How I Made my Card:
Brown Card Base 
Glossy Cardstock
Kaleidacolor SU! Ink Pad - Pumpkin Spice (discontinued)
Brayer

I found the Kaleidacolor ink pad when I was looking for the ink pad to make this Thank You card for my hair stylist - I had forgotten I even owned this pad! Anyway, when I saw it I knew I wanted to make a fall themed card - the colors are so rich!

I love how the color pops off the glossy cardstock when using the Kaleidacolor ink pads. I thought these particular colors would look fabulous used as a background, so I loaded up my brayer and inked the glossy panel by going over and over with the brayer until I achieved the coverage I wanted.  It really only takes about 4 or 5 "brayerings" for the color to be saturated.  

I then stamped my glossy panel with the stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Art Comforts set using Jet Black Archival ink.  Trimmed the panel and adhered to my card base.  I wish I could master photographing glossy cardstock because you really can't see how beautiful these inks are; you'll just have to try the technique yourself!

I hope my little card will inspire you to create some fall projects! Today is football day and I have got to go and get ready to watch my Broncos play - GO PAYTON! Have a wonderful day! Christi

Another look at the card

I would like to enter my CAS Fall card in the following challenges
Less is More - #245, One Layer Autumn Cards
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - #104, Changing Seasons
Penny Black & More (October) - Warm Autumn Colors
Stamping Sensations (October) - Colors of Autumn


30 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Christi and you are right the colours just pop off the cardstock.

    So jealous of your temperatures.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those colors are just perfect. i love the simplicity of the card, yet it says it all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning Kaleidacolour card - I reckon between you and me we're going to be responsible for them coming right back into fashion!
    I reckon it's the mechanism that puts the gaps between the colours that makes them last so long. Other rainbow pads I've bought have merged into a brownish grey sludge colour within a few months.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous creation for our Autumnal theme Christi and super inked background, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colors and a perfect autumn card - thanks for show us at FSC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy I finally got to enter one of the challenges :)

      Delete
  6. A beautiful card, capturing those autumn tones brilliantly however I think you may have added an extra layer to your card which means we'll be unable to accept it this week due to it being a one layer card week! thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! I keep trying to enter the challenge and I keep mucking it up!! It didn't even dawn on me that my card was actually 2 layers - I am SO very sorry Sarah - you guys have been so sweet & I promise the next time I enter it will be perfect!! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Loving the ombre on this, with the silhouette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the silhouette stamping against the beautifully brayered background in such lovely autumn colours! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your very kind comment - thank you Linda :)

      Delete
  10. It's lovely. The background is the star of this card, I love how you've blended the inks to make this look so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! I'm also amazed that the pad hasn't dried out - thought it was only me that kept ink pads for EVER......
    Thanks for sharing your inky skills with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing Viv! I'm glad since most of the colors in this pad are no longer available :)

      Delete
  12. A lovely card Christi, but I see you've realised already that you used two layers... next time hey?
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blended panel is beautiful, Christi. Such a shame that you mounted it onto another layer.
    Please do join us again.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neets - I promise the next one will really fit the challenge!!!

      Delete
  14. A stunning Autumnal card, Christi! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm catching up on my commenting after my hols, sorry to be so late!
    Beautiful inking Christi, looking forward to a one layer creation from you soon :)
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)