Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Owl Ornament

This little owl goes with the Christmas card I made for my neighbor Helen. When I visited her house I commented on the adorable little owls she had hanging here and there and she told me she collects owls.  That was all I needed to hear - I was on a mission! 

The Owl Die


I didn't have any owl stamps or owl anything so I was hunting for something to enable me to somehow add to her collection.  I honestly can't recall where I was when I found this cute little owl die by Impression Obsession but I fell in love right away.  I don't have much use for the graduation accessories that come with the set, but, who knows.  I may find a use for them yet. 




What I Used to Make this Creation:
Impression Obsession Owl Die, #DIE283-0
Ribbon for Hanging
Cut 2 (or 2 sets) of each of the following:
Owl Body out of Patterned Paper (if desired)
Wings out of Brown Card (match the patterned paper)
Beak out of Yellow Card
Feet out of Orange Card
Eyes out of White and Black Card
*Also cut a few more of the Owl Body to add Thickness. I just used heavy white cardstock.


I think he is adorable! 

As you can see I made him double sided so regardless of which way he is hanging he looks the same.  I anticipated this to be harder than it was.  Once I had the bodies all glued together (in hind sight I would cut the extra bodies out of brown cardstock) and the ribbon in place, I just used glue and set the wings and feet on each side at the same time.  I wasn't as precise with the eyes and the beak but I did try to line them up a bit. Due to the pattern on the paper, the die didn't emboss the wavy lines that are shown on the body die but they did show on the extra bodies I cut out to add the thickness.

I am going to tuck this little owl in her Christmas card and I hope she likes this little guy. I certainly enjoyed making him and I foresee myself making many owl cards in the future.  Thank you for taking the time to check out my Owl Ornament - I know this is a crazy time of year and I appreciate your comments! Fondly, Christi


I would like to enter my Owl Ornament in the following Challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #309, Anything Goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Weeks 260 & 261 - Anything Goes w/ snippets
Love to Create Challenge - M - #25, Anything Mixed Media Goes

8 comments:

  1. So, so cute Christi! Great to see you joining in the Christmas celebrations in the Playground! Have a lovely festive season.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di! You are amazingly generous with your challenge and I try to join in whenever I can (using snippets of course!) Hugs! Christi

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous owl, he will look fabulous of the Christmas tree.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as well, Sue - and he can be kept out all year long :)

      Delete
  3. Wow what a brilliant idea, love the owl.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi, I'll bet Helen loved your really cute double-sided snippets owl ornament!! He is just darling and I bet he won't be put away when her Christmas decorations come down!! Wishing you all the best in the new year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)