Followers

Friday, April 21, 2017

How Does Your Garden Grow?

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I am lucky enough to be getting the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit.  The kits are so fun and there are awesome add-on products that you can buy.  I made this card using the March kit.



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Hero Arts MMH Kit - March, 2017
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Labels Die Set, #660060
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Distress Ink in Ground Expresso
Inktense Color Pencils
Watercolor Paper
Light Brown Cardstock
Light Blue Cardstock
Toothpick
E6000 (or other industrial glue)

First I used Intense Black to stamp a bunch of veggies on watercolor paper.  I used my Inktense Pencils to color them, drying them in between coats of color (for me, it is easier to color small die cuts when they are not cut out - keeping them all together while coloring, then die cut them.)  Once you're done coloring the veggies, die cut them and set them aside.

I then cut the field out of light brown card, using the same color card to make my sign.  I used the Labels to cut out a square that fit the sentiment using the same light brown cardstock that I used for the field.  I stamped the sentiment in Ground Espresso, then edged the sign using the same.  I smudged the ink along the sides to make the sign look a bit more weathered.  I glued the toothpick to the back of the sign using E6000 and set it aside to dry overnight. 
Another Look

I placed the veggies in the field then attached them.  I glued the sign to the back panel I made of light blue card, positioned the field, plus veggies, and adhered that as well.

I hope my card didn't make you hungry; personally, I've been craving carrots, but that isn't your problem 😉.  Enjoy your day! Christi





I am entering my How Does Your Garden Grow in the following challenges:
a to z Scrapbooking - M Getting to know You
A Blog Named Hero - M April Challenge - Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs - #93, In the Garden
CASology - Grow
Aud Sentiments - #178, Use a Stamp for Your Sentiment
Fab 'n Funky Challenges - #347, In the Garden
Stampavie and More - #285, Spring
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Stamp It!

22 comments:

  1. This turned out awesome! Those veggies look almost good enough to eat!! Thanks for entering at KBD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great garden-I hope mine turns out that well! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a cute garden themed creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and delicious. Like a salad on a card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your garden. Great sentiment too. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love everything about it! Thanks for linking up at a2z!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable little garden scene, glad you joined in at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so fun and cute!!! Thanks for linking up to our April challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I can just see a cheeky bunny stealing those yummy veggies! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Lucky you - you got the HA kit! Perfect for our cue word. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Christi!! I love how your garden grows. Very creative. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute great card and love the mounds of veggies.. Great look and fun. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.
    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative with Stamps
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little vegetable garden! So sweet!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am back with my Stampavie and More hat on.. I love this card and fun veggies. So glad you also shared over at Stampavie and more.

    Billie A
    Stampavie and More
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that little garden; well done!

    Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card; great job of coloring/shading. Love the creative idea to use a toothpick for the sign post. Thanks for joining us at a2z.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card. Thanks for joining a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your garden card! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Hugs, Marja
    Stampavie and More DT
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)