Followers

Friday, April 14, 2017

Kitty Love

Hi all! I fall in love with a new (to me) stamp company about once a week and one of my newest obsessions is the Unity Stamp Company.  I adore their sentiments, beautiful flowers and, of course, their kitty stamp sets!  Plus, they really know how to throw a great sale. They have a few adorable cat sets, one of which I used to make this card.


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Unity Stamp Set . . .Really Kitty, UK-1009A
Embossing Ink
Detail Black Embossing Powder
Watercolor Paper
Distress Markers in Mermaid Lagoon, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Festive Berries
DCWV Luxury Stack, 4.5" x 6.5" (available online)
Hero Arts Stamp & Cut, Love, DC175
Die-Namics (MFT) Stitched Oval Stax
Pop Dots

First thing I did was I stamped the kitty with embossing ink onto the watercolor paper and embossed the image with detail black embossing powder.  I water colored the kitty, and the hearts, using Distress Markers and then the image sat on my desk for weeks.  I really love how it came out and I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it yet.  Another thing that had been hanging out on my desk was the decorative paper from DCWV Luxury Stack.  I had picked the pink paper to go with another project and it languished on my desk, getting moved to one spot or another.  Finally, I HAD to do something with the kitty (I was getting nervous that I'd ruin it somehow; drop some ink on it, get some marker on it or drown it in coffee, so I cut out the cat using the Stitched Oval Dies and used a die two sizes larger to cut the patterned paper.  Using the small scrap left over from the oval cut, I die cut the word "love".  I attached the cat panel onto the decorative paper panel and positioned the "love" cut out so that, hopefully, it appeared that it was attached to the patterned paper.  Finally, the panel was pop dotted onto the card base and my card was born.  

As simple as this design is, I am really pleased with how the card came together.  I have only used a few pages of the DCWV Luxury Stack and I am trying to use it more - the paper is very thick and looks like the coating is pearlized.   Perhaps my post will inspire you to use a long neglected paper in your next creation.  Have a great day! Christi

I would like to enter my Kitty Love card in the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges - #153, Our Four Legged Friends
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Inspiration Board (I used the kitty)

SUYP Challenge - M #17, Furrything Goes or Easter
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - M #1, Must Feature a Critter
Crafting When We Can - #141, Animals
Crafty Catz - #366, Anything Goes w/ Option of an Animal
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Stamp it!

17 comments:

  1. Love how you added the sentiment to this sweet card. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Christi! Beautiful design! Simple but makes a statement! Well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dar!! Going to visit you back right now :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Christi, this is just such an adorable kitty! I think your CAS design is fantastic and I love the dp you chose for the frame. I'm tickled to pieces that you've entered our first challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and hope you're going to become a regular. Thanks so much for supporting us and our efforts to celebrate "Critters" of all shapes and sizes.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Christi. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have Unity in your stash you just don't know it. Some of Donna Downey and Limor Webber stamps were produced by Unity. You're right - they throw great stamp sales. I love that kitty. I think I am going to have go look for it. Great card and love the sentiment as much as I love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So pretty!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the theme, the image is great!
    Thanks for playing along at Crafting When We Can :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC - such a very cute kitty and a lovely design. Super colouring and I love the die cut word going over the top of the kitty :-)
    Thank you very much for purring along to SUYP Cats CHALLENGES :-)
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Christi. Unity is great. I have several sets ... need to use them more!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card. Love The way you have showcased the image. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card and thanks for sharing where the image came from, I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)