Followers

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Stinkin' Inkers September Challenge ~ Fav Color Combo!

Hey everyone! I thought I was late with this post, only to realize I was early! Gosh, time can really be confusing sometimes <grin>.  I hope this post finds you happy and healthy, especially those down in Texas.  My thoughts are with ALL of you! I decided to beat the heat here in Colorado (it's supposed to be 95 tomorrow!) and start making some holiday cards.  When I saw this month's challenge at Stinkin' Inkers, I immediately knew I'd be using blue and white as my favorite color combination and what better way to showcase those colors than a holiday card?


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Square Card, 5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
White Shimmer Cardstock
Blue Shimmer Cardstock
Elizabeth Craft Dies, Brrrrr, #1228
Tutti Designs, Fir Tree Arch Scene, #TUTTI-130
Navy Blue Card

I made the square card and covered the whole thing with the blue shimmer paper.  I think it's from Bravissimo. which hasn't been around for about 11 years now (I have a TON of this type of paper. Points to me for using some stash!)  It's a thinner paper so it didn't add any bulk to the card.  

I then cut the Fir Tree Arch out of this other shimmer paper I found.  I can't describe it, so I took a picture.  I've had this paper for longer than I care to admit, too.  It's so pretty! I also used this paper on the bottom of the card to showcase the blue Brrrrr I cut out of the same paper that I used to cover the card.  I cut out a portion of the white paper, covered the bottom and adhered the sentiment.


I die cut the sentiment out of the shimmery blue paper and then added some dimension using navy blue card, also die cut, and glued together.  I didn't want to waste the shimmer paper, plus, it's so thin I would of never been able to die cut enough.  

This was a really quick and easy card, perfect if you are going to be making a bunch of the same holiday card to send out.  I saved all the little snowflakes from the Fir Tree Arch die cuts so I will be using them on some other wintry cards. It was a pleasure to use my favorite color combination and I think the two dies compliment each other wonderfully!  I would LOVE to see some of your favorite color combo's in the Stinkin' Inker Challenge; you have a whole month to play, so why not join in? Thanks SO much for stopping by ~ Christi

I would like to enter my Brrrrrrr Card in the following challenges:
CraftyHazelnuts Christmas Challenge - #349, Anything Christmas Goes, Add Sparkle
The Merry Christmas Challenge - #39, Anything Goes & Christmas
CropStop - #31, August Challenge
The Holly & Ivy Challenge - #14, Anything Goes Christmas

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great for batch making x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful winter card! Love the shimmer paper paired with the blue card front! So happy you linked up to the Cropstop blog - hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 349 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    Janis, The Merry Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure class! Thank you so much for entering at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck. Jackie DT member, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)