Followers

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Celebrating the Holidays at Stinkin' Inkers

Hello friends! I hope this post finds you well; personally, I am struggling with a huge cold, so please bear with me as this post might be a bit disjointed. The theme this month at Stinkin' Inkers is the seasonally appropriate Celebrate the  Holidays.  I hope you like my card!


What I Used to Make my Card
White Card Base
Distress Oxides Inks Background - Salty Ocean,  Faded Jeans, Broken China & Seedless Preserves
Ranger Watercolor Paper
Quietfire Designs Flourished Ornament (no longer available as a stamp, but it is a digital file, #107611)
Small Snowflake
Piccolo Siam Silver Embossing Enamel
Wow! Silent Night Embossing Power, #WS101R
Distress Ink in Blueprint
Amuse 4mm Sequins
MISTI
Silver Glitter Gel Pen

I made the Distress Oxide background first and once it was dry I began stamping.  I stamped the ornament using embossing ink and heat embossed it
using the Siam Silver embossing enamel.  I stamped the center using Distress Ink in Blueprint.  I colored around the ornament, and the "ribbon", using a silver glitter gel pen.

I then stamped a small snowflake in various places, using embossing ink again, and heat embossed those using the Wow! embossing powder. I fished trough my sequin stash and found some blue ones that I think accent the card beautifully, so I glued on three sequins.  Lastly, I trimmed the panel and attached it to a white card.

Thanks for bearing with me while I battle this cold! I do hope to see you join in at the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.  Have a wonderful day! Christi

I am entering my Holiday card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp, Monday Challenge - Icy Inspiration 
Retro Rubber - #77, Christmas (stamp set is so old it's discontinued)
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - M, Anything Goes
Make my Monday - #60, Happy Christmas/Happy Holidays
Stamps + Fun = Creativity - #313, Blue & Silver
The Crafter's Cafe - #186, Embossing (wet or dry)


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Christi! Your ink work background looks fabulous with the sparkly snowflakes.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card Christi. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, you're making me miss that stamp set! Thanks for using it on this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love that background. Sorry you've got a stinkin' cold, hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - what a gorgeous background, Christi! Love all the sparkle. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very stylish card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christi! What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along with Retro Rubber. However, it doesn't really fit with our color inspiration. Ideally I was going for a red/white/green combo from the picture. I don't see those colors in your card so we will not be able to include it for consideration of top pick. It's a shame as you have done a wonderful job with the card. Thank you again for thinking of our challenge! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so elegant ♥♥.
    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC.
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Happy Christmas. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Embossing" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fabulous card! The colors and texture are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Christi... I love the distress oxide inks with your background. Definitely looks frosty. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber! Hope you will join us next year in the gallery!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so pretty! I love all the snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR! 😀

    ~ Marie B - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)