Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Just Fur You - My first Project for Not Just Cards!

I am thrilled to announce that I am now part of the Not Just Cards Design Team! Today is my very first post and I hope you enjoy it!

I love cats. All cats, but especially the Fabulous Feline Five.  I collect cat stamps {as well as other cat things} and I love to make cat cards.  If you are a reader of my blog {or a friend, family, casual acquaintance, basically anyone who has ever talked to me - you know I love cats!} you will have seen, and will see again, many cat cards.  I made this one as part of using the huge bunch of images I've already stamped, colored, and cut.  Enjoy!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Altenew Modern Cats, stamps
Altenew Modern Cats, dies
Sue Wilson Die, Indian Ocean Collection, Mauritius, #CED10014
Distress Ink, Mermaid Lagoon
Clean Color Markers
Core'dinations Sea Glass Paper Pack

Like I said above, I had already colored and cut out the cats and the yarn, but I know I used Zig Clean Color Markers to color in the cats because I recall how excited I was about the look of the orange cat.  I simply colored the stamp, took a baby wipe and took a bit of the color off, and my cat looks like he has white spots! These stamps are SO fun to play with due to all of the color combinations you can make; there is no outline, so when you color directly on the stamp you can give your kitty any colors you want. 

I stamped the sentiment and the yarn using Mermaid Lagoon ink, then cut the sentiment using the Sue Wilson Mauritius die.  Then I attached everything to a piece of matching card, put that on the card base, and I was done.  This was meant to go to the troops, but I think it is a bit too heavy for them to post, so it will sit in my card box until I decide to send it out.  

I know this is a short tutorial but the card was simple to make.  I'm very pleased with the cats and I like the entire card.  I hope you do, too! I'd love to hear what you think so leave me a comment or, better yet, follow me and I'll be sure to follow you back! Also, if you aren't familiar with the Not Just Cards challenge please click on the link and stop by! All our challenges are ANYTHING GOES and we'd LOVE to see your creations!  Hugs, Christi

I'd like to enter my Just Fur You card in the following challenges:
Crafty Animals - M, #16, Anything Goes, Must include an Animal 
Dream Factory - M, #57, Nine Lives
Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - M, July 2018 Theme: Animals (entry 2)
2 Crafty Crazy Critters - M, #16, Anything Goes w/ a Critter (entry 2)
Fashionable Stamping - #137, Use Your Inks
SUYP - M, #32, Anything Goes with a Cat (entry 2)

11 comments:

  1. FUR-bulous kitty card. I love cats too - I have 23 :-) Super cat stamps. I love the way you can colour them differently xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just came from your Fabulous Feline Five page and my eyes are full of tears so I can barely see to type. Guess I shouldn't have read the section on the Rainbow Bridge kitties. I now realize you love kitties just as much as I do! I don't think I'll ever get over losing Muffin and that was 11 years ago - he was my baby for 18 years. But getting back to your card, it's super cute and that's one of my favourite sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm back to say congrats on your new DT! They are lucky to have you!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your DT, I do love these cats and the cute sentiment to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I love the frame!

    Thanks for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    Blog-owner Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#19 – From the kitchen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A greatly composed card. These modern cats look amazing.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at HLS CAS.
    hugs,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your DT and your make is gorgeous.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christi. Aren't baby wipes a marvelous thing!I love your card, it is heaps of fun.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for any cat lover!
    Thanks for playing along at HLS CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)