Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A Thank You Card

Remember when I made a card for Layton's Legacy?  Well, I made a few other cards as well, packaged them up, and mailed them off to Lea.  I also included this "Thank You" card to thank her for having this card/donation drive for the NICU parents at U of M Masonic Children's Hospital.  This is the card I made and sent to her.



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Birch Press Fiori Plate Layer Set
Hero Arts Thank You Pair Fancy Die, #DI192
3 Co-ordinating Colors of Card Stock {I used yellow, dark blue and light blue}
Scrap White Card for Sentiment

As you can see, this was a VERY easy card! It was the first time I had cut the Fiori plates and I really just wanted to see what they looked like in person.  But I felt the die cuts were so pretty it would have been a waste not to use it, so I turned it into a Thank You card!  I think I would have put more thought into my color choices had I known I was going to use the background but I was (and am!) so happy with the way it came out, I used it anyway.  Plus, I think the colors are sort of summery and fresh. 

All I did was attach the layered plates onto a white card base, cut the Thank You out of white card, and attach it.  I like this card so much I am going to use it for my Design Team project at Not Just Cards September Challenge! It's such a fun place to play, as the theme is always Anything Goes!  And, as the name states, you can submit ANY type of art - not just cards!  

So easy and so elegant.  These dies are pricey but I feel the versatility makes them worth it.  I've recently purchased a few other sets and I'll be sharing them soon!  Thanks SO much for stopping by and I hope to see you soon ~ Christi

PS: Hope to see you at the challenge! Remember, Not Just Cards!

I am entering my Thank You card in the following challenges:
The Crafter's Cafe - M, #203, Three of Something (I used 4 different dies)
Mix It Up Challenge - M, #17, Anything Goes w/ Option of Layering
DL Art Thankful Thursday - #235, Always a Thank You
Papercraft Business Challenge - M, Anything Goes w/ Optional Thank You
Happy Little Stampers - M, Anything Goes with Dies
Crafty Gal's Challenge - #174, Anything Goes plus 3+ Layers
Stamp, Ink, Paper - #167, Large Sentiment



7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I love your design
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday “ALWAYS THANKFUL” #235 Challenge. Have a blessed day

    DL.ART
    DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Card - I love the layers you used & colours 0 I am sure she is going to love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Papercraft Business Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the way you've layered those colours. Great use of those die-cuts. Thanks so much for joining our HLS Anything Goes With Dies Challenge this Month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... what a gorgeous card! That birchpress background die is to die for! :) Thanks so much for joining us for our large sentiment challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card! Thank you for sending cards to hospitals. What a lovely thing for patients and loved ones to look forward to!
    Ashley Wells @ Proud PB DT Member
    Join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)