Followers

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Celebrate!

This month at Die Cut Divas we are using the color "Yellow" as well as some adorable digis from Kinda Cute Digis.  

You still have a little time to join in the challenge if you wish!



What I Used to Make my Card:
Square {5 1/4" x 5 1/4"} White Card
Black, Yellow and Light Blue Cardstock
Graphic 45 Artisan Style Paper, Patterns & Solids, 8" x 8" {available online}
Border Die - Dotted Line {unknown manufacturer}
MFT/Die-Namics Wonky Stitched Circle STAX
Lawn Fawn Celebrate die, #LF1429
Big Rose Image by Kinda Cute Digi's
Alcohol Ink Marker in Yellow

The lovely Arlene sent me this image {as she did for the image I used here} and I used the wonky stitched circle die to cut it out.  I colored the image with alcohol ink markers.  That was my mistake.  I typically try to get all the supplies I need together before I put a project together {or I at least know in my head what I am going to use} and this time I colored the rose before I had anything else to go with it.  The hunt begins for the perfect background paper with me first going through all my 6" x 6" pads, 8" x 8" pads, as well as any odd sized pads.  Then I move on to my 12" x 12" papers.  Well, I overlooked the Artisan pad that I finally used and it took me DAYS to figure out what else I could find to match this rose.  I am so new at working with alcohol markers that I was afraid to try and blend any other shades of yellow in the flower {watercolor I can handle,
Another Peek
alcohol ink, not so much} because I was certain I'd ruin it and I only had this flower left.  Yes, I had other images I could have used, but give a girl a break!  Honestly, I was so invested in the rose at this point that using another image didn't even cross my mind.


Finally, I found the paper I decided to use.  I think the yellow matches nicely.  I cut the paper using a dotted line border die I have; it's literally a metal line of dots. Unfortunately I don't recall where I acquired it but it's pretty handy when you don't have a die large enough to cut what you want, as long as what you want is straight edged.  I mounted the rose onto the background paper.  Then it was time for the sentiment.  I typically stamp in black ink, but I wanted to pick up some of the other colors in the background paper so I decided to use the celebrate die.  The word was cut three times, once out of light blue card, then once each out of yellow and black card.  I layered the cuts and there have been quite a few times where my eyes played tricks on me and I thought the word was 3D.  I didn't plan on that effect but hey, I like it! 

There you have it!  My square Celebrate card.  I hope you liked my little tutorial and if you can't make the challenge at Die Cut Divas this month, be sure to check back tomorrow!  Thanks for visiting ~ Christi


I'd like to enter my Celebrate card in the following challenges:
Art Impressions - #242, Vibrant Colors
Addicted to Stamps & More - #311, Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes {entry #2}
Tuesday Throwdown Color Challenge - Use Complimentary Colors
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - M, Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers - With a Flourish {flourishes on the word}
Creative Knockouts - #265, Anything Goes
Retarte - #128, Anything Goes





6 comments:

  1. Hi Christi, nice to 'meet' you! Thank you for the lovely comments, and for saying hello,. Now I have another blogger I can visit!
    All seems to be well at the moment- you remind me that I should update my page a bit more often! It was simple to remember to do at the time, but when things are going well I forget, and people need that reassurance that things can be less stressful eventually.

    Love the card, the background paper is very William Morris inspired, isn't it. So pretty.
    Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. I really like how you left some white space around your focal image to really make it stand out.

    Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice ... I really love that background paper too. Thanks for sharing at Creative Knockouts Challenge - I wish you the best of luck.
    Dawn/ DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)