Followers

Monday, September 17, 2018

Fall Colors


It's almost officially fall here {just a few more days} but I can feel the nip in the air; at night at least.  Denver has been breaking records for high temperatures during the day for a week or so!  While on a day trip up to the beautiful Estes Park, {where the Stanley Hotel is - Stephen King got the idea for The Shining while staying there during his college days} the trees were already changing.  And we were blessed to see a moose family - bull, cow, and baby {who was hiding in the brush - could only see him when his ears moved} and my brother, who has one of those amazing cameras that I haven't a clue how to work, got the lovely picture above.  We were very close to them and it took my breath away; I could have stayed there all day!

Now that you have read more than you wanted about my trip, let's get to the card.  I recently acquired the "waves" set of Birch Press dies and I've seen a lot of examples from people using them for summer cards.  Thought I'd do a twist and use them making a fall card.

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base (I actually used a 5"x 7" card, cut it down to 4" x 6")
Rust, Brown and Green Cardstock
Vanilla Card
Wink of Stella in Clear
Wave Set of Dies from Birch Press Designs, #56067

Using these dies can be challenging; they have lots of little curly ques that aren't easy to glue.  At least, they weren't easy for me to glue!  I attached each layer and let the card dry overnight under the tile on my desk.  I definitely think the results were worth the effort.  

I started with a piece of vanilla card since white looked too stark to me, and glued each layer on that.  Then I attached the panel to a white card base, trimmed it down to fit, and there you have it! I am in love with the ease of using these dies.  I liked the look of the card so much I didn't even add a sentiment!  I added some sparkle around the edge of the card for a little more interest.

Before I close, I want to send my thoughts to those affected by Hurricane Florence.  Having lived on the East Coast most of my life, I've seen the devastation these storms can cause.  Now that I live out in the middle of the country, I get a whole new experience with the tornado sirens; still scares me to pieces, but we've been lucky so far this year!  Waiting to see what Old Man Winter has in store.  Thank you for stopping by and supporting my little blog.  I appreciate it more than you know! Christi

I would like to enter my Fall Colors card in the following challenges:
Always Fun Challenges - #76, Fall Colors
Cards in Envy - Feels Like Fall
Crafty Cardmakers - #218, Autumn Colors
Make my Monday - #80, Autumn/Fall Colors
Dragonfly Journeys - #127, Fall Festival of Colors
Sunsational Stamps - M, Fall
Studio 75 - M, #7, Colors of Fall {see color badge below}
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - M, #108, Dies or Punches {I used dies}
Cute Card Thursday - #547, Dies or Punches {I used Dies}
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge - M, Signs of Autumn
That's Crafty! - Forever Autumn
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies Challenge (Sept)
Mix It Up Challenge - M, Anything Goes with 3 or more Layers 




20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card you created, so fun and artisitc!
    I visited Estes Park for a summer vacation a few years ago, I can imagine the Rocky Mountain National Park looks even more glorious this time of the year! The photo with the moose looks beautiful!

    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend a StickIt! sheet when die cutting the top layer. They're not as inexpensive as using glue, but they save so much aggravation when dealing with really skinny die-cut pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the fabulous idea! I think I even have some around here somewhere. . . :)

      Delete
  3. I love the cool look of your wavy card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fall card, the wavy look reminded me of falling leaves blowing in the wind. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. I hope to see your work again.
    Happy Crafting
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fall card, Christi! Those waves really do mimic the fall leaves as the breeze dances them to the earth. Thanks so much for joining our HLS Anything Goes With Dies Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fall card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Christi, I can imagine it taking a while to get everything stuck down in place, it is incredibility neat.
    Thanks for joining us for this months 'Forever Autumn' Challenge at That's Crafty!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect colours :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at That's Crafty!
    Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Autumn card! Love the colors you used. Thank you for your lovely entry at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a fun die...the colors are awesome!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christi! Beautiful colors and a fabulous die cut! Thanks so much for joining my Fall Festival of Colors blog challenge. A winner will be chosen tonight ~ Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous autumn card and beautiful photo :) Thank you for sharing with us in Studio75!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a creative card! Thanks for joining us at Studio75 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Piękna :) Dziękuje za udział w wyzwaniu Studio75. Pozdrawiam -Gosia

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhh LOVE your gorgeous moose pic!!!! cute card and thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christi it's Karen from a2z. I was looking at your cards and saw your moose sighting photo. So cool. We somewhat recently went to Estes Park and stayed at the Stanley. Cool area. We did not see any moose. We also tried to see them around the Tetons or Yellowstone and did not see them there either. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful card. Love the colours. Great to see you at the Make My Monday challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)