Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

By the Pricking of My Thumb... 2018 Cat Lovers Hop, Day 3

"...something wicked this way comes," from good old Shakespeare, was the inspiration for this card.  I was lucky enough to grab this Joy Clair stamp set and I think it is PERFECT for Halloween! It has a bunch of spooky Halloween words on it, a skull banner, and much more.  Good score on my part!  I honestly had never heard of the brand until I spied these stamps and now I am adding more and more and more of their products onto my wish list.  Anyway, I knew I wanted to use the sentiment as soon as I saw it and here is what was born from just one stamp set.  



What I Used to Make my Card:
Purple Card Base
White Card
Joy Clair Spooky Greetings Stamps
Hero Arts Luna the Halloween Cat Stamps, #CM202
Hero Arts Luna the Halloween Cat Dies, #DI433
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Dimensional Dots
Sequins from Little Things from Lucy's Cards, Happy Haunting
Raindrops from Little Things from Lucy's Cards, Raindrops Mix
Wink of Stella in Clear
Another Look

I stamped a bunch of the kitties, as well as the cauldron, on plain white card.  The sentiment was also stamped, in the lower, left-hand corner, on a panel of white card.  Once the kitties and cauldron were stamped, they were cut with the coordinating dies.  I put the kitties in a circle, well, what's loosely based on a circle, around where I was going to place the cauldron.  I used a dimensional dot to pop up the cauldron in the center of the card, placed my circle of kitties around that, with one more kitty on the right hand side at the bottom.  

I was actually going to leave the card at that, but then I spied a bunch of little
The Sparkles Up Close
sparkly packages I had just gotten from Lucy's Cards.  I thought the sight of the cauldron hissing and spitting bubbles and what-not would really benefit the card so I used some of the sparkly gorgeousness from the little bags.  Once everything was attached to the white panel, I just glued that onto the purple card base and I was done!  Oh, wait, not quite done; I swirled around some clear Wink of Stella, just to add a bit more sparkle.


Thanks for joining me on Day 3 of the Cat Lovers Hop 2018!





You can check out all the details here {link to the FAQ and Info page}, at Her Peaceful Garden {this is the link to the main hop page}! Hope you can join in, there are tons of fabulous prizes!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and card.  I appreciate all your kind comments and thank you for stopping by! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my By The Pricking of my Thumb card in the following challenges:
2018 Cat Lovers Hop
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Halloween/Spooky
Die Cuttin' Diva's - #392, Halloween
{PIN}spirational - #227, Picture Inspiration {see below}
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Halloween/Spooky
Carlin's Card Challenge - M, #3, Cat + Black
Joy Clair - M, October Challenge, Inspiration Picture {see below}
Dies R Us Challenge - #107, Anything Fall
Lost Coast Portal - M, Halloween {see below}
Lost Coast Portal - #63, Cats & Dogs {see below} 










27 comments:

  1. Oh, these are great Halloween stamps and dies and a wonderful eerie CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so wonderful card wuth all those cat's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that that cauldron is bubbling with the sequins and the cats spells working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is a Shakespeare lover too. She has a framed quote in her entryway "Though she be but little, she is fierce".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the unusual poses of some of these cats (especially the topmost one)! The sparkles were the perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design with these fun kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card for the challenge "cat + Black" challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Thank you for your participation and good luck !

    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute circle of cats and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great design and purrfect sentiment for those "familiars". Gotta look into that stamp set! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous stamp set, Christi and I love how you made the cauldron steam from sequins and sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Christi! Love all the cats and the witch's cauldron. A perfect, simple color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those cats - certainly purr-fect for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm in love for your Halloween inspirational card!!! I like so much the sentiment, the layout and the sequins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb - I love those kitty stamps. Such a great card x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm ... they're cooking up something special for Halloween ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. A funny card with all the kittens on it.
    Thanks for joining the Challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Karin DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderfully clever and refreshing card! The way you laid out the cats gives this card such a great sense of energy and movement. It really feels alive! And of course, since I'm an English major and total literary nerd, you had me at Shakespeare! You did an amazing job on this stunning card and I'm so glad you took the time to share it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card! Thanks so much for linking up to the DRU fall challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute and just perfect! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything FALL’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very spooky with all those cats around the cauldron. Love the bubbles!!
    Thank you so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun card and love all the embellishments added!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool card, Christi! Love the B&W for Halloween and, of course, those kitties are adorable (not too scary at all)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a super cute Halloween card!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very creative layout! Love it! Thank you for joining in the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome card! Love how you used the sequence too for some of the sparkle!

    Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    rstevensoncreations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Something wicked indeed!Look at all those kitties! So cute....and up to no good I recon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)