Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Halloween Silhouette Card

Hello everyone! This is a very simple, but striking, card.  I love the background die; it looks so fancy but was so easy to use.

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Orange, Black & White Card
Sue Wilson Frames & Tags, Zoe #CED4310
Female Winged Silhouette, Silhouette Cameo
Darice Bling on a Roll, Black Silver, #RH1024
Die-Versions Whispers Morocco Background, #DVW-346
Sentiment, Custom stamp by Stamp Couture

I adore black and white silhouettes; you know, the ones that people have done and hang on their walls as decoration.  This is just a smaller version of that art form.  I searched {and searched - I am amazed at the sheer number of designs in the Silhouette store!} for the design I wanted, chose female winged silhouette and cut the image with my Cameo machine; they have LOTS of silhouette forms, but for Halloween, this winged female was my favorite.  I cut her out of black card and set her aside.
Another Look

There are two parts to the Zoe frame, the plain background and the actual die cut.  I the background out of black card, and layered the frame over it after cutting it out of white card.  I positioned the silhouette in the center of the frame and gave her a little sparkle by using the Bling on a Roll as a necklace.  

To add a bit of interest I decided I needed a background and I think this Morocco Background die is perfect. Yes, it takes a while to get all those little pieces out, but the end result is worth it.  I chose to cut that design out of orange card just to add some color.  I finally stamped the sentiment on some white card and trimmed it.  

I love Halloween - it is truly my favorite holiday.  While I no longer dress up and trick or treat, I do love seeing the neighborhood kids all decked out.  I hope you celebrate Halloween where you are; and if not, who cares? Make some fun, spooky Halloween cards and crafts, you can always send them to me :) Thanks for stopping by ~ fondly, Christi

I am entering my Halloween Silhouette Card in the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas - #393, Anything Goes
Shopping Your Stash - #378, Witchy or Halloween
Bitten by the Bug 2 - Halloween
Always Fun Challenges - #82,  Halloween
Bastel-Traum (Scrapbooking & Cardmaking) - #70, Autumn/Halloween

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful silhouette , great use of the theme too. love the background die, thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Witching hour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous silhouette!!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for Witching Hour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice card! thanks for joining us at BBTB2

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine how much time it took to weed out the background die. It is perfect with the cameo image. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great combo of die cuts. thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going with a word combo I don't know I've ever used - a classy Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)