Followers

Friday, October 19, 2018

Happy Owl-O-Ween with Hero Arts

Thank you for stopping by to read my very first post as a Design Team member for a2z Scrapbooking - I am SO excited! I have been a customer of Hero Arts since the '90s and adore their products.  After I read about the special mission that a2z Scrapbooking store has, my heart got even happier! 
I'd love it if you'd join us this month's challenge; the theme is "Frightfully Fun" and I've chosen to work with a set that is brand new this year:



What I Used to Make my Card:
Black Card Base
Lindy's Stamp Gang Jack 'O Lantern Orange Embossing Powder
Hero Arts Happy Owl-O-Ween Stamps, #CM285
Hero Arts Happy Owl-O-Ween Dies, #DI545
Crafter's Workshop 6" x 6" Branches Reversed Stencil, #TCW251
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink {request a custom order or get an ink stack!}
Ranger Adirondack Ink in Mushroom {discontinued - any light brown ink would work}
Mini Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
VersaMark Ink
Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder, #PW106
Dimensional Dots

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know how much I LOVE Halloween; this stamp set was a must have as soon as I saw it!  To me when you can use a product for more than one thing, it's a win win in my book.  Even though the set is called Happy Owl-O-Ween, it can be used in so many ways, even for Christmas!  I started this card by grabbing a panel of white card from my desk, laying the stencil on it, and inking away.  I'm not sure what type of paper it was but the ink was not drying so I sprinkled clear embossing powder on it and handled that issue.  While the stenciled paper was cooling, I set to work on my owl.

I layered the owl with 3 different inks; honestly, whatever combination you have on hand works.  Once it was inked, I cut it with the matching die.  I trimmed the stenciled panel down to size; effectively trimmed off all the inky finger prints I left when I realized the ink wasn't drying.  Then I decided to get brave and I
Another Peek
stamped the sentiment directly onto the stenciled panel with embossing ink, embossed it with the orange embossing powder {I purchased the entire Haunted Halloween Embossing Powder set}, and realized it was totally crooked once it was embossed.  Total fail.  I regrouped and repeated the procedure on a piece of spare white card, die cut the banner, and attached it directly over the crooked sentiment.  I love it when I can save a project like that! 


By this time my owl was ready to be perched upon a branch so I used a dimensional dot to put him {why a him? I don't know - it looks like a male owl to me} in the tree.  I adhered the panel onto a black card base and there was my Happy Owl-O-Ween card!

Now I must say a bit more about a2z Scrapbooking; right under the listing of products on the left side of the store site is a black button that says Customer Order:

Basically this means you can order ANY Hero Arts product and get it sent to you directly if the store doesn't have the product you need.  Unlike some stores, you will get a reply typically within 24 hours about what you are looking for.  To me that is a HUGE time saver!  Now you can buy all your Hero Arts goodies in one place AND you get a free gift with every order over $50!  If that isn't enticing enough for you, how about a discount?  I have my own discount code! Just add CHRISTI15 to the discount box at checkout and you will save 15%!  

I sincerely hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. I hope to see your "Frightfully Fun" projects on the blog.  If you use a Hero Arts and/or Sugar Tree product and get chosen as the winner, you'll receive a $20 gift certificate to the store! Now you don't have to use Hero Arts and/or Sugar Tree, but why not?  If this is your first time here, why not subscribe so you don't miss one of my spectacularly funny and informative posts?  You can even follow me on multiple social media platforms; all the info and links are on the right hand side.  Thanks so much, see you at the challenge and Happy Owl-O-Ween! 
I would like to enter my Happy Owl-O-Ween card in the following challenges:
Little C's Creations - M, different theme each day, Day 18, Bird
Sunny Day Crafting - Anything Goes w/ an Animal
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #19, Anything Goes with a Critter
Crafty Animals - M, #19, Anything Goes w an Animal
YNS Fun Friday Challenge - #100, Make a Scene
Craft Rocket - M, #53, Autumn/Halloween
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics
Fussy and Fancy - #223, Things with Wings
Unicorn Challenge - M, #37, Halloween or Autumn



First time for me entering this challenge - she has a different theme everyday that matches the month we are in - very cool concept - I'll be playing again!

9 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out, great stamp and stencil combo. The orientation of the sentiment is perfect for it Christi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card from our challenge at Craft Rocket. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, I am a bird lover, so I like all the bird stamps too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little beauty during a Halloweenie night? What's not to love? It's a gorgeous tree background, and your snow owl is darling! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
    Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Christi, super cute LO!! Thank You for playing along with my daily challenges. If you are a resident of the USA, please email me with your mailing address. If you are overseas, I apologize as I do not ship overseas at this time, however, I welcome you to come and grab a winning badge to display on your blog. Either way, please grab the winning badge on my blog to display. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen!! I'm going to email you my address & go grab the badge :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)