Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Laminate Chip Ornaments ~ Oldies but Goodies

I was looking at some of my older {these are at least 8 years old - some of them even older than that} creations today and I came across a bunch of these Formica™ and/or Laminate Chip Sample Ornaments.  Back when using these chips was all the rage, I emailed one of the companies and somehow ended up with a huge box of discontinued samples, all different colors and sizes.  I remember feeling like I hit the jackpot!  In fact, I still have a bunch of them somewhere - I should dig them out and figure out another project for them.  

Years back I used to make a small ornament every year and I've gotten out of the habit.  However, I've just ordered a bunch of teeny little embroidery hoops and I hope to create something festive out of those for this year.  My sister has a tiny little Christmas tree that she puts up and she has all the little ornaments that I've made over the years decorating it.  I think it's time to make her a new one.

There really is no "how to" on these; just use whatever you have on hand.

Take a look at these oldies but goodies:

I used Dresden trim, buttons, and an old pin on these.



This one was made with a sequin tree and a bunch of iridescent little circles.  I remember making the sentiments using Publisher - I obviously hand cut this one!


Another button, sequin, and hand made sentiment ornament.  I think I still have some of that background paper somewhere.




This one is using ribbon and Dresden trim - the snowflake and gold lines are the ribbon.  I just ripped a hole in it to accommodate the string. 



Those are the only pictures I have left of the many ornaments I made.  I didn't think the same way I do today; I never thought I'd have a blog or ever show these publicly.  Thinking back on what my life was like when I was making these was a fun little visit back in time.  I hope you enjoyed visiting with me and if you have any chip ideas, please share them with me!  ~Fondly, Christi

I'd like to enter my Laminate Chip Sample Ornaments in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything But a Card {entry #3}
The Happy Craft Challenge - M, Anything Goes
Creative Artiste - M, #43, Anything Mixed Media Goes
Crafter's Castle - M, #10, Anything Goes OPTION:Winter
An Inky Mess - M, #23, Anything Mixed Media Goes
Altered Eclectics - M, Anything Mixed Media Goes 
The Cat's Pajamas - M, #351, Holiday

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ornaments Christi, love the images. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous Christi. Love the old world and silver. I thank you for joining us at "Anything goes challenge" At Happy Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely tags, you have done a wonderful job, the silver color really does make it feel like Christmas. Nice job. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Craft Challenge, We'd love to see you again next Month. Happy Crafting. Megan XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tags; love holiday crafts! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s October Challenge! –Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)