Followers

Friday, October 26, 2018

Purr More, Hiss Less - Cat Lovers Hop Day 5

As you know if you are a regular reader, I love cats.  I love cats to the point I am almost a Cat Lady {although, I can't understand why that has such bad connotations - I've been called so much worse.}  I even have a page on this blog dedicated to my cats, the Fabulous Feline Five.  Go ahead. take a look, I'll wait.  Now that you're back, I hope you enjoy this kitty card that I made for the Cat Lovers Blog Hop, held every year at Her Peaceful Garden.  

Thanks for joining me on Day 5 of the Cat Lovers Hop 2018!





You can check out all the details here {link to the FAQ and Info page}, at Her Peaceful Garden {this is the link to the main hop page}! Hope you can join in, there are tons of fabulous prizes!

There are a plethora of pretty kitty prizes, so I urge you to take some time and join in the fun!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
10 Window Die from Uniquely Creative, #UCD1764
Hero Arts Purr Stamps, #CM181
Hero Arts Purr Dies, #DI366
Papertry Ink, Everyday Cat Sentiments, #2884
Watercolor Cardstock {I use Strathmore Ready Cut}
Zig Clean Color Markers
Gray Card
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

As I often do when I get a new stamp set, I had stamped, colored, and cut them out long before I had a card in mind.  I figure you can never have too many cats ready to pop onto a card and I always have all kinds ready to go.  I had so much fun coloring these fur babies there is NO doubt you'll be seeing them on many more of my cards.  

The panel was cut from gray card using a new die from Uniquely Creative.  They are a new company to me and I lucked out by finding them in my local scrapbook/stamp store which features used items.  I did find them online and I am certain you can buy them from numerous online stores.  Once the panel was cut, I saved the interior squares because you just never know and I am so glad I did!  While choosing which cats I would use, I decided only five really fit the card, so I used the scrap squares to fill in the squares without cats.  

Then I placed the chosen cats in various places in the open squares, including the long square.  Next to the stretched out kitty is where I stamped my sentiment.  The set of sentiments was my very first purchase from Papertrey Ink so this card is packed with items I've used for the first time.  In fact, it's the first time I used the cats and dies from Hero Arts, too.

I hope you find some time to join us for the Cat Lovers Blog Hop.  Janis, who runs Her Peaceful Garden blog, always has some fun photos and quips and she's lined up more sponsors than ever! So, get out your kitty stuff and play along! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Purr More, Hiss Less card in the following challenges:
2018 Cat Lovers Hop
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Use a Little Humor
Aud Sentiments - Use a Funny Sentiment
Southern Girls Challenge - Critter Crazy
Scrapy Land - M, Anything Goes w/ a Brand Die they sell
Time Out Challenges - Use Words to Inspire You {see below} - I am forever grateful for my kitties and this card reminds me to be grateful to others.  Kitties also make me SO happy!




24 comments:

  1. Awww!!! Another adorable card!!! Sweet kitties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've colored those adorable kitties and what a fabulous background die. Love this design. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet looking kitties!! Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable furry babies and the sentiment makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute kitties sitting in all those windows. Lovely coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are some cute kitties for sure. Love the stitched gray die cut background that lets the cats really take center stage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how super cute. This is a PURRfect card and the kitties are delightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and great advice! LOL Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Humorous’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable, Christi! The sentiment is purrfect for all of us. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous collection of kitties, Christi and a fab sentiment! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite sentiments!! Whenever anyone in our family is grumpy or someone upsets them, we imitate Toulouse in the Aristocats hissing 'Pfft pfft pfft! That helps us TRY to do it less. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. super adorable card!
    so cute little cats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely wonderful in every way! Of course, you had me with cats since I'm a cat lady, too! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challlenge and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love how the cats all sit in squares, the diecut is great! Sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness, Christi, this is so cute! Love all the kitties and love how you used this die! Loving all of your kitty cards in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how cute! Fun background and super cute little kitties!
    Thanks you so much for joining and celebrating with us in the 100th Scrapy Land Challenge!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have two cats so this card definitely makes me happy!! Those kitties are so adorable and you coloured them so beautifully. Love the grey, geometric background too. Its a gorgeous card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable kitties and I like the window die you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a wonderful die you've used! It has given me lots of ideas... I actually have a similar die and I should use it! Thanks for the inspiration! love the grey as base color. Those cute kittens really pop from it! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that die....it's so perfect for using with small cat stamps!! Your card is fabulous, Christi. Love how you colored the kitties...great that you have a bunch on hand. I have a bunch of cats on hand, too, but they mostly live outside and don't appreciate being colored! :D

    My internet is finally working again, for the moment. Been down or spotty for the last several days and really messed up my commenting!!
    Thank you for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)