Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Sweater Weather - 2018 Cat Lovers Hop, Day 2

Thanks for joining me on Day 2 of the Cat Lovers Hop 2018!
You can check out all the details here {link to the FAQ and Info page}, at Her Peaceful Garden {this is the link to the main hop page}! Hope you can join in, there are tons of fabulous prizes!

I just could NOT resist this set from Simon Says Stamp - I knew when I saw it that I want to make a blue and white winter card showcasing these adorable cats {but, honestly, show me a cat that isn't adorable!}  So when the package came in the mail, I got right to it.



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Light Blue Card
Shimmer Dark Blue Card
Simon Says Stamp, Right Meow, Stamps & Dies Bundle, #SET335RM
Sue Wilson Dies, Indian Ocean Collection - Mauritius, #CED10014
VersaMark Ink
Simon Says Stamp Detailed White Embossing Powder
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Watercolor Paper
Zig Clean Color Makers
Water Brush
Silver Gel Pen
Pink Sparkle Gel Pen {for their noses}

First I made the background paper.  Choosing the cute little kitty in the sweater, I stamped the image randomly using VersaMark ink to get that tone on tone look.  I actually used a paper much larger than I was going to need so I could choose where to trim it.

After setting aside the background paper, I stamped the cats on some water color paper and used my Zig Clean Color Markers to color them up a bit.  The one on the left reminds me of my cat Sylvester because he always gets himself tangled up in various toys! Each one of the three cats I used reminds me of at least one of my five.  It's a shame I can't gather up all the fur balls and knit a sweater out of that; well, the more I think about it, maybe not.  Anyway, I colored in the kitties using a silver gel pen for every other square on the scarf the kitty on the right is wearing, then cut them with the coordinating die.

I used the VersaMark ink as my embossing ink, sprinkled some detailed white
embossing powder in the sentiment and heated it.  No matter how many times I do this, I literally get mesmerized by the process.  Watching that powder melt is just amazing to me and even more amazing is that I'm making it melt!  Once that was cooled, I used one of the many dies in the Mauritius set to cut it out. 

Finally, after I trimmed my background, I attached all the components and there you have your card!  I love white, blue, and silver together for winter cards; I just think it looks so put together.  Maybe not so on this card but it's hard to be 'put together' when you have kitties on your card!

I appreciate each and every one of you stopping by; without your support, I wouldn't have kept going with my blog.  I hope you and yours are having a wonderful day!  Christi

I am entering my Sweater Weather card in the following challenges:
2018 Cat Lovers Hop
Creative Sketchy Girls - M, #29, Make Your Own Background
Do-Al(l) Creative - M, #22, Make Your Own Background
Southern Girls Challenge - M, Animals
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics
SUYP Challenge - M, #35, Furrything Goes

27 comments:

  1. My cats leave enough fur around that I could make a sweater from it. :) It is an adorable stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I like the kitties all bundled up

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh, what gorgeous kitty images - yes the blue sweater on is my fave too! Love the embossing - it reminds me to do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stamped background; great job. This
    is a super fun card & great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun cats and love the sweater cat background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to do the background in blue-on-blue kitties - it seems to make the main characters stand out and add depth at the same time. So cool, one needs a sweater to look at it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Christi, these kittens are adorable! Love how you did the background in blue on blue and that's a great sentiment. I just wish it was true out in my area of the country. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is really wonderful and the stamps are funny. Your sentiment is absolutely true… sweater weather!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.
    Please keep in mind that you have to be a follower in order to win the prize. When you already following us everything is fine.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#22 – Make your own background}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#22 – Anything goes}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#53 – Autumn / Halloween}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  9. FURbulous - this made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are these kittens! Wonderful background to showcase your snuggly sweater kitties :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card
    Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute cats on your beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything about this from the stamped tone-on-tone background to those ridiculously adorable kitties in their winter wear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls. Very nice and Good luck!
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  15. mooi kaartje
    bedankt voor het mee aan deze challenge
    groetjes jolanda bongers
    dt creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute creation… sweet cats!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik
    *GDT* Die Kreativtanten

    ReplyDelete
  17. ADORABLE!!!! At first I thought this was a Waffle Flower set...but it is a SSS set I didn't know about. Uh-oh.... lol.. Love your amazing coloring. Fabulous work!!!
    Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The thought of cats wearing sweaters, it really tickled me. Have a pawsome day! 😻

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card and how you created your own background with the stamps! It's really cold here so I can appreciate the sweater weather! LOL! Just looked out the window and saw that we got a bit of snow.

    Thanks so much for being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!

    rstevensoncreations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hehehe, LOVE these kitties all decked out for winter! I've got this set ordered myself - those kitties are adorable! Love your sweet card, my friend! Thank you for your kind words on my blog - you are a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yea, those kitties are so cute! I love how you used them for the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls. Very nice and Good luck!
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mooie kaart. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Creative Sketchy Girls.
    Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls.
    Groetjes,Greetings Helma DT Creative Sketchy Girls

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a fun card for our winterchallenge!
    Nancy DTCSG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)