Followers

Monday, October 22, 2018

Time Spent with Cats ~ 2018 Cat Lovers Hop, Day 1

First, let me say it's FINALLY here - 2018 The Cat Lovers Hop begins today!! My favorite time of year and my favorite animals - it's a win win!!  On to my card!

I found this stamp while searching Pinterest for something completely different.  I've never owned a Stamping Bella stamp; for some reason I thought they only had digital stamps.  Well, I found out how much they really have and I already have a wish list a mile long.  I'm tickled that this card came out the way it did; almost exactly how I pictured it in my mind!  And it was so fun to color!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper
Tim Holtz/Ranger Oxide Inks
Dimensional Dots

I wanted to try something different with this card.  Since I typically purchase matching die cuts with my stamps, and this time I didn't, I needed to figure out 
The first layer of Oxides
a way to get some color onto the background.  What I did was lay the stamp onto the watercolor paper and used the ink blending tool to frame ink around the stamp.  When I picked the stamp up, I continued to use the Oxide Inks around, using all different colors {which I neglected to write down - sorry} and fill the watercolor paper with color.  I didn't use the Distress Sprayer this time; I just left the inks as they were. 

Then I used my stamp platform to position the stamp right where it needed to be, stamped it with the Jet Black Ink, and then colored the image with my Zig Markers and a detail water brush.  Once I had the image colored, I used the rectangle die to cut it out, used dimensional dots to adhere it onto my card base, sat back and admired my work.  
Another Look

This stamp is so far away from what my style was when I first began stamping; I'm glad I saved pictures of my old work {and no, I am not sharing them!} because when I get discouraged and feel that I'm never going to get any better at this hobby, I look back and realize that I've improved so much, and I wasn't even trying!  I'm much more open to all types of stamps now; before I was wary of anything with a person in it, a sentiment that wasn't a stand alone stamp, and oh boy, did I fight against clear stamps!  I hope you have some of your older creations to review, just to see how you have evolved as a crafter, if nothing else.  Thanks so much for visiting me, I am very grateful! I'll be back tomorrow with another kitty card! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
2018 Cat Lovers Hop
Crafty Animals - M, #19, Anything Goes with Animals
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - M, #63, Cats & Dogs
The Artistic Stamper - M, Inktober (stamp)
Simons Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics
Cardz TV - #70, Anything Goes



33 comments:

  1. Love the background! I know what you mean about Stamping Bella stamps! This image is super and you have coloured it brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - a new image to me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christi!
    You have some really cute cards on your blog, and I had fun looking around. I found your blog through SumMore Stamps where I also applied for a GDT spot. I wish you the best...you're truly talented. Also, I run a fun challenge blog (always Anything Goes with awesome prizes) and I'd love to have you play along and share your talents with us. Hope to see more of you. I always enjoy making new blog friends.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How incredibly sweet of you Karen! I am just speechless (and that is VERY rare!) I certainly would love to play along at Word Art Wednesday :) I've popped over to your blog and we have a LOT in common <3 Blessings, Christi PS: Hope you are feeling better <3

      Delete
  4. Perfect card! Love the back ground

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely background you created for this super
    cute image. Stamping Bella has some of the most
    darling images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Christi, and your work with the oxides is magnificent! What a delightful pile of kitties. I hope to have my first entry for the Cat Lovers hop done in an hour or so. I'd get it finished sooner if I wasn't so intrigued in visiting everyone else who is entering. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo... Thanks for showing how you did the background... I LOVE the halo effect that using the stamp to block off an area gave! And the extra colors are fab! I forgot I have that stamp - I fell in love with it, too!... IF I have the energy before this is over, I'll go dig it up, otherwise, It'll hafta wait til next year. Great to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the way you realized the "light" around this fabulous image! Love the way you coloured the background and the sweet stamp! Great sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Christi. Love that background and the fun cat image. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Christi! I love the stamp and sentiment - what a glorious pile of cuddly cats! Your background is pretty awesome too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. Love the background and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card. I love your background and the way it halos the super cute stamp. I really want that one now ! LoL
    Great to see you at the Hop x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shading of the background is gorgeous with an adorable image - who wouldn't want to be sitting among all those beautiful kitties!! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so agree with this sentiment.Your coloring is beautiful and thanks for the encouragement to keep trying new things.I do think we don't see our own progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable stamp! Gorgeous coloring and background. Love the sentiment, too. Seriously couldn't be cuter. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. I may just have to get this stamp too! I recently placed my first order with Stamping Bella but have been admiring their stamps for a while....but they notified be about a sale of sorts a couple weeks ago and one of the stamps and dies i thought was so cute was on a hrest sale so i ordered it and another stamp and die set that ive neen eyeing too! My list is long too! Your card is fantastic...love how u did the background around the stamp and it turned out so well...im going to try that too! May u share the brand watercolor paper u used...i dont want to get it wrong! Yes i have some old and goofy stuff in my stash and no u cant see mine either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast challenge. Great coloring. The cats are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, such a sweet card! love all the kitties! Thanks for joining in the fun at Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This pile-o-cats just makes me smile. Love how you sponged color around the stamp shape for a soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my!!! Your card is totally sweet and cute!!! What a lovely scene!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, Christi! So happy to see you in the Cat Lovers Hop! Thank you for your kind words and well wishes on my blog - I appreciate them! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love your cool way of inking the background and will have to try that myself! Looking forward to seeing more of your kitty projects as I hope through the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable image, Christi!!! I don't think I knew Stamping Bella carried clear stamps, either. Will def have to go check them out.
    Love the tip you gave on sponging the background. What a great effect!
    Thanks so much for helping behind the scenes and being a part of the 2018 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is heaven! So glad you looked for something different, found this cute stamp and did it proud. Have a pawsome day! 😻

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous background and I love your colouring! This is an adorable stamp and I love the sentiment too! It is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very sweet card and nicely done card! Thank you for joining in the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is adorable! A kitty cuddle puddle! I love it. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for sharing this tremendously creative and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)