Followers

Monday, November 19, 2018

Hero Arts Leafy Vines Thanks

Hello! I hope this post finds you and yours doing well! Being a card maker, you'd think I would have thank you cards lying all around my house.  Not so.  I am one of those people that can't seem to keep cards in stock {I have PLENTY of cards, they are just never the "right" card!} which causes me to make each one as needed.  The good news is each card is created for a specific event and/or person. The bad news is I am always running around like crazy with 307,513 cards in the works.  Anyway, I created this Thanks card for this month's theme at a2z Scrapbooking which is "Give Thanks" 



What I Used to Make my Card:
Olive Green Card Base
White Card
Copper Glitter Card
Kaleidacolor Ink Pad in Autumn Leaves, #KA-000-008
Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Thanks Set, #DC152 {you can special order on the site}
Hero Arts Leafy Vines Stamp, #CG509 {you can special order on the site}
Clear Embossing Powder, #PW106
Delicata Ink in Gold and Copper


I love this background stamp, Leafy Vines.  One look on Pinterest and you can find hundreds of ways crafters have made cards with this stamp.  I love it because it's so versatile - you can change the feeling of the card using different  colors.  You can basically make this stamp work for any occasion or time of year!  It's also one of the first stamps I bought when I finally got to unpack my crafting stuff from my last move.  I began this card by inking the Kaleidacolor pad onto the stamp and stamping on a panel of white card.  Just a quick little story about this pad - I had originally purchased it about 18 years ago when I was demonstrator; I purchased it from the company I represented and it was branded with their name.  The case has been cracked {I keep it in a zipper bag} but the pad has never been re-inked, never failed me.  Just consider how old this stamp pad is next time you want to buy one but the price seems a tad high.  It could vote, drink in some states, and join the armed forces!  So I
Another Look
stamped the Leafy Vines on the white card, then added a bit of bling with copper and gold inks, just randomly inked on the stamp.  I finally covered the image with clear embossing powder, trimmed the card panel, attached it to the card base, and set it aside.


I wanted the sentiment to be visible, but not be the focus of the card.  I used the die with several different papers and each one just didn't give enough oomph.  I settled on the copper glitter card and I think it achieves the look toward which I was working.  I considered some gems but I think the card is pretty enough without them.  You can't see the little touches of gold and copper ink, but when you have the card in hand and move it just so, it's beautiful.  Fall colors are my favorite for creating; I can almost smell the smoke from the fireplace just seeing the rich rusts, reds, and browns.  

I hope my little post gets your creative juices flowing and you enter the November 2018 "Give Thanks" challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.  You just might win a Gift Certificate to the store!  However, while you are waiting to see if you've won, you can get 15% off your purchase by using my code, CHRISTI15.  I hope you are having a wonderful fall. ~ Christi

I'm entering my Leafy Vines card in the following challenges:
Dragonfly Journey - #129, Thanks & Thanksgiving
DL ART - Thankful Thursday
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Give Thanks
Dies R Us - #109, Giving Thanks
Crafty Gals Corner - Thankful




5 comments:

  1. I have this stamp too, I love how you have used it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christi! You've created a beautiful background and I really like the sparkly sentiment. Thanks so much for joining my Thanks & Giving blog challenge and good luck.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Giving Thanks’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the glitter sentiment.Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)