Followers

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Let it Snow

Hello and welcome to my incredibly late post for the Not Just Cards November challenge.  I completely forgot that my post was due today! Oh well, better late than never!  I have some fabulous friends up north and a good friend of mine is involved with designing dies for various companies.  She sent me a HUGE goodies package a while back and this tree die was included.  I think I can find out where to get one if you'd like.  Just drop me a note by using the contact form on the right side of the blog or message me on Facebook.  This is the card I made with that die; it looks very peaceful to me.



What I Used to Make my Card:
5 x 7 white card

Trees Die {unbranded}
Stickles in Diamond and Stardust
Elizabeth Craft Dies, Let it Snow, #1234
Silver and White Shimmer Paper

The first step in this card was to cut out the trees and go to town with my Stickles.  I just used all the white glittery bottles I had and, in hindsight, I could have used some silver as well.  I let the trees dry overnight; this is a MUST otherwise you will get Stickles, glitter, and/or glue everywhere.  
Another Peek

The next day I mounted the glittered trees onto a 5" x 7" card.  While it was drying, I found some scraps of silver and white shimmer paper.  After die cutting the sentiment twice, I glued the white onto the silver, with just a peek of the silver paper showing.

Lastly, I adhered the sentiment onto the trees.  That's it!  I really love the glittery trees; I think I've figured out a way to cut the die cut paper to fit on an A2 card.  If my idea works, I'll be making more of this type of card to send out to my friends.  Don't worry, I promise to let you know how I accomplished getting the trees sized down to A2 size!  Why not enter your projects in the challenge? The theme is always Anything Goes and you can enter anything you'd like - remember it's Not Just Cards! I hope this post finds you and yours happy, healthy and joyful. ~ fondly, Christi

I am entering my Let it Snow card in the following challenges:
Daisy Chain Challenge - M, Christmas/Winter
Friendship Challenge - #35, M, Anything Goes w/ Option of Mostly White
HLS Anything Goes With Dies - Anything Goes
Monochrome Magic - M, #16, Anything Monochrome Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Crafters Castle - M, #11, Anything Goes w/ Option of Holidays
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes w/ Option of Getting Ready for Christmas
Cardz TV - #73, Anything Goes
Cut it Up Challenge - #160, Clean & Simple
That's Crafty! - Winter Wonderland
Craft Rocket Challenge - M, #54, Christmas is Coming!
Little Red Wagon - #471, Just a Sentiment
Creative Moments -#156, Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - #79, Anything Goes




12 comments:

  1. So beautiful, love the mono, thanks for entering the Craft Rocket challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo liebe Cristi,
    eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Die Karte gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning forest scene. Thanks for sharing your tips on making it, and thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Clean and Simple. challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, Christi and i totally like the glitter on the trees. Perfect card also for our "Just a Sentiment" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us and i hope to see you back again soon !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, love that die and the sparkle is perfect, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful die and love the sparkle on the trees.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous winter scene! This is so elegant and a lovely CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine traumhaft schöne Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Friendship-Challenge.

    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful soft and classy design. Thank you for sharing it at the Creative moments challenge. Leona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful card - looks fantastic
    Thanks for joining us at Friendship
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! The glitter on the trees is stunning! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s November Challenge! –Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)