Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2018

You Warm my Heart

I made this card especially for the current theme on the Lawn Fawnatics challenge blog - the 40th challenge is this cool color inspiration:
Now, using these colors was a stretch for me, but making this card was a nice break from all the holiday and fall colors.


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow Petite Christmas Paper Pack,  6 x 6, #LF1740
Lawn Fawn Snow Day Stamp Set, #LF723
Lawn Fawn Snow Day Dies Set, # LF724
Colored Paper from Stash
Watercolor Paper
Zig Clean Color Markers
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Hero Arts Ink in Amethyst
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform

I first have to share why you shouldn't be crafting at 2 AM - can you spot what I did wrong?

It was an easy fix because I do this ALL the time - I have even gotten into the habit of checking which way my card opens before I attach anything to it and I STILL attach things upside down or on the wrong side.  Nothing a quick cut won't fix.  

My first step in making this card was finding one of the background papers from the Really Rainbow Christmas Pack.  I knew I wanted to use the cute heart and the scarf from Let it Snow and I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to do.  I needed to find a paper that didn't clash with my intentions and I chose the rainbow snowflakes.  

Then I stamped my scarves on watercolor paper and colored them in using Zig Clean Color Markers.  I cut them all out and set them aside.  I thought using pastel color papers for the hearts would work but they were too bland.  So I found coordinating paper {that matched the scarves} and die cut the hearts from bright colors.  I paired the scarves with the matching hearts.
Another Peek

The sentiment comes in the set as a square and I didn't have enough room to use it in that shape so I used my Platform and some sticky notes. I didn't take pictures of the process because it was getting late and I was tired.  It took me a few tries before I got the sentiment to line up sort of straight, but by that time I felt it was good enough.  I basically used the sticky notes as masks to stop the part of the saying from stamping where I didn't want it to. All in all I think it was a successful adaptation, but next time I'll give myself enough time to screw up without stressing myself.

I hope you like my card; I enjoy making holiday cards out of unexpected colors and this one fits the bill in my book!  Thanks so much for swinging by. ~ Fondly, Christi

I am entering my You Warm My Heart card in the following challenges:
Lawn Fawnatics - #40, Color Challenge
Stamping Sensations - Christmas Inspiration
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - #411, Anything Goes Option: Something Beginning with H {Hearts!!}
Cardz TV - #74, Anything Goes
Colour Crazy - #46, Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - #429, Snowflakes
As You Like It - Monochrome or Rainbow? I like to stretch myself and monochrome is MUCH easier for me, so Rainbow it is!
Lost Coast Designs - #65, Cute {badge below}
Scrapy Land - #101, Anything Goes w/ a Company They Carry
Sweet Stampin' Christmas - M, Anything Christmas Goes
That's Crafty! - M, Winter Wonderland
Bastel-Traum - #71, Winter/Christmas {badge below}



13 comments:

  1. Awwww, such a sweet card! Love your rainbow of warm hearts! Thanks for joining in at Lost Coast Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...love the rainbow colours! Thanks for joining us at CASS this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours. Love it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joining our chalelnge at stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun Christmas card in pretty colours, many thanks for joining in with our 'Get ready for Christmas' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colourful card, thanks for playing along with the As You Like It rainbow/monochrome challenge

    Anne x
    https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
    http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute and colorful card and perfect for the coming holidays! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ CCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty and cute with your rainbow of hearts. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just darling, Christi! I love the hearts with a scarf! Thank you for joining us on the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)