Followers

Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Art Part Heart

I love being on the Design Team for Anything But a Card - it has truly been one of the BEST things ever for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love making cards and such, but I find a great satisfaction when I make something that can sit on a shelf or be hung on a wall.  I remember the joy I felt when I discovered Wendy Vecchi and her Art Parts – how cool was this!?! All the hard stuff was done for me!  And her stamp line? Well, don’t go looking at it unless you have some extra cash – I love the entire line.  And I buy as much of her stuff as I can.  I’d like to think if we ever meet we’d be friends (and not in a crazy stalker way).  Anyway. . . this month's challenge at Anything But a Card is this beautiful color palette.  All I see when I look at this is serenity ~ so I pulled out my Wendy Vecchi Art Parts, my Distress Paints, some other goodies and went to town!
I love this and I look forward to seeing what all of YOU create.  But, in the meantime, here is my creation; maybe you'll get some inspiration and join us?
 


This project is made almost entirely of Art Parts (you can check out the entire line of Wendy’s Art Parts here, her stamps sets here  and you can find both at many retailers both online and in the stores).  What I used was:



1 Large Circle and Circle Frame

1 Large Heart

Sentiment Stamp from “Art Comforts” set, SCS110

Distress Paint in Fired Brick and Seedless Preserves

Wendy Vecchi Ranger Archival Ink in Red Geranium

Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy

Prima Micron Pen in Black (I think I used #2)

Brads with clear gem middles, 2

Wooden Flower & Leaves from craft store

Embossing Enamel,from Globecraft & Piccolo in Mossy Glen & Enchanted Aubergine

Embossing Fluid from Globecraft & Piccolo 

Previously gessoed old book page



My book page
First I gessoed the circle, the frame and the heart.  Once they were dry I used the circle to cut a piece of old book page that I had already gessoed and glued that on.  You don’t have to be perfect with this since the frame is going to cover the edges – thank goodness because my page was a wee short.  I painted the circle frame with the Seedless Preserves paint (straight from the bottle) & set it aside to dry.



I took a scrap piece of cardboard (thin cardboard, like the back of a paper pad), gessoed it and then stamped the sentiment on that.  Due to the roughness of the gesso, I used the Micron Pen to fill in where the ink didn’t quite hit the cardboard.  Then I took another scrap piece of cardboard and painted it with Fired Brick paint (again, straight from the bottle). Once that was dry, I glued the sentiment to the Fired Brick background, broke the arms off two silver brads with gems in the middle and glued them on. 
Almost all the parts



My heart
I took my heart, inked it with the Red Geranium, let it dry and spread the Rock Candy Crackle Paint on it – set it aside.  Got the flower and the leaves and embossed them.  Attached the circle frame to the circle, put the heart in the center, attached the sentiment to the center of the heart & finally glued the wooden flower & leaves to the top. 




I had actually thought this was done before I added the flower & the leaves – when I saw how well the Enchanted Aubergine Embossing Enamel complimented the Seedless Preserves Distress Paint, I had to figure out a way to add it.  Luckily, I came across the flower & leaves.  I think that the last touch completes the piece.  I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and had as much fun as I did making this! Blessings! Christi



I would like to enter my Art Part Heart in the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - #259, Purple Passion 
Crafting at the Weekend - #1, Anything Goes
Challenges for Everybody - #41, Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Anything But a Card 
Stamping Sensations - May, Anything Goes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)