Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2015

I am Green with Envy at Anything But a Card

March is all about green - green grass, green shamrocks, spring green, well, how about envious green?  This months challenge at Anything But a Card is just that - and when I heard the challenge topic (way back in, I think it was, November?) I knew right away what I'd be using for this project.

What I Used to make my Green with Envy ATCs
Stampsmith Stamps (I used Maude, The Look and stamp from a sheet that has been discontinued)
Glossy Paper
Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
Small Stipple Brush
Ranger Archival ink in Lettuce
DCWV - The Luxury Stack - 4.5 x 6.5 size (mat stack)
Stickles - Diamond, Crystal & Disco
Small Crown Punch
Wink of Stella in Clear
Lots of bits and pieces from my Stash
Various gel pens, Stickles, Pearls and markers

First things first, stamping the photo-realistic stamps on glossy paper with
permanent ink.  Any photo stamp looks so much better on glossy paper, and they can stamped on photo paper, but they really pop on glossy paper.  So I stamped the 3 images on the glossy paper and let them dry for a while.  While  they were drying, I looked for what I was going to back them with and I found some beautiful papers in the DCWV "The Luxury Stack" - you can't really see it in the photos (unfortunately) that I took, but the papers are nice and thick, perfect for backing an ATC.  When I looked on the DCWV website, they have a new Luxury stack, so I am guessing the mat stack I used is discontinued - but as always, if you do a search for "The Luxury Stack" there are plenty to be had. Just so I can show you how beautiful these papers are I stole borrowed a picture from online.

The next step was, to help me keep them straight in my mind, was to name the ladies in the cards - I named them Fern, Annabelle and Martha, and they are all envious of each other.  I also used my computer to make little sentences about each one and who they are envious of.  These are the final 3 cards along with their "story" and some info on what I did to each card.

This is Fern, and she is envious of Annabelle's wealth, even though she is obviously beautiful.  Fern's lips have been sparkled with the Wink of Stella pen in clear, and her earrings are filled in with Stickles.  Her eyebrows are colored with a black gel pen.












This is Annabelle and she is jealous of Martha's love, even thought she is obviously wealthy. Annabelle has a choker made from a piece of scrap Dresden along with a crown made just for her.  I used a small crown punch, punched out 3 crowns, glued them together and decorated it with Stickles. And each point has been topped with Liquid Pearls in Platinum.

This is Martha and she is envious of Fern's beauty, even though she has been lucky enough to find love.  Martha has a glitter paper red heart, a scrap of Dresden bracelet and her dress has been covered with fine black glitter. Her lips were colored with a red gel pen, and her lover's lips got colored with another gel pen.  Martha's hair got some cool waves with a clear gel pen.











And, all of their faces have been stippled with a small stipple brush and Lettuce Adirondack Ink.  I used post it notes to mask them and that helped me stay on their faces.  It was a very fun project to do and I keep forgetting how cool ATC's are.  Here are some close up pictures of each woman's special feature:
Annabelle's crown
 Fern's lips and earrings
Martha's dress









Maybe someday I'll be able to put them all in the same image, but I don't know how right now.  And I have no Photoshop, poor me! (I wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to use it if I did have it - LOL)

So there you have it - my three envious ladies for the Anything But a Card March Challenge.  You have until the end of the month to join; that's plenty of time!  So get your Green with Envy on and join! If you enjoyed what you read, I'd love if you'd become a follower of mine and help me meet my goal of 100 new followers in 2015.  Thanks for stopping by! Christi

I am entering my Green With Envy ladies in the following challenges:
Hiding in my Craft Room - #191, Super Scraps Saturday
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - #168
Inkspirational Challenges - #78, She Art (or image of a woman)
Naughty or Nice Challenge -(M) #13, It ain't Easy Being Green 
Not Just Cards Challenge - #14, Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful ATCs! Those photo realistic stamps are amazing! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - they really do look like photos don't they??

      Delete
  2. Holy cow, this are spectacular, Christi! As I'm reading down I am thinking, "I must tell her about the Inks challenge for She Art" and then I see you were way ahead of me! Excellent!! Great use of snippets, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always Darnell - you always have my back :) XX

      Delete
  3. These are great! When we first decided on our challenge theme over at Naughty Or Nice I did think about going with jealousy: the green-eyed monster! Thanks for sharing with us at NON Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I love it when challenges just come together :)

      Delete
  4. Oh these are great Christi. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun - love that you stippled their faces green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ATCs Christi! Such a beautiful set x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun with these wonderful ATC's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun with these wonderful ATC's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a triangle of emotions Christi! So pleased I don't suffer from any type of Envy...The green wouldn't work with my hair!
    What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun these are Christi! I do love the green tinged faces on each one :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How retro mod and cool! You're always so inventive, Christi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christi... your ATC's are so cute... I love the sentiments. Perfect for our challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these ATCs , fabulous idea and beautifully executed. love all the special features.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fun ATCs. They are wonderful, and the little how-to on the details is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so much fun! What a brilliant idea. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant! What a great interpretation of the green challenge ... your ATCs are fantastic fun :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ATC's!! Great way to use up your scraps!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)