Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crazy Bird Coffee Card Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Entry #2

Here is my second entry for the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop
 
 I want to apologize to all the entrants who came here to my blog, only to find that the blog wasn't here! I'm still not sure what happened, don't really know how it was fixed and honestly, since I am here now, don't want to know. Unfortunately, I won't be able to comment on everyone's entry, I'm so sorry. Anyway, on with the show!


What I Used to Make My Card:
Vanilla Card Base
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy Set, #CMS212
Distress Markers in Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Spiced Marmalade & Pumice Stone
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Lanaquarelle Watercolor Paper, 140 lb, Heat Pressed
Ranger Water Brush, Fine Tip
Vanilla Card for the Sentiment
Die-Namics (MFT) Stitched Oval Stax, MFT-521
Computer Generated Sentiment
Pop Dots

One of the qualifiers of the blog hop is to make your cards summery - I hope that my bird meets the requirement! I confess, I used the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop as my guinea pig.  I was having huge trouble trying to water color with the Distress Markers, even when I used watercolor paper. Well, after much research, and the help of this blog, I found out that the TYPE of watercolor paper makes all the difference!  I typically used a 90 lb. paper and this time I used a 140 lb. heat pressed paper.  It was so easy to do!! 

So, I stamped my Crazy Bird on the Lanaquarelle Watercolor Paper using the Archival Ink in Jet Black then chose the Distress Marker colors to color him in (I don't know, all these birds look male to me).  I chose the three shades of pink for the actual bird, his beak is done in the  Spiced Marmalade, and he is shadowed with the Pumice Stone.  Shadowing is an entirely different animal than coloring, but I am trying to get the hang on if.  
The Inside


I found the quote online, and if you are a regular reader of my blog, you know I rarely put anything on the inside of the cards I make.  However, this sentiment deserved to be on the inside as well as the outside.  I printed the saying on vanilla card and then cut it out with the Stitched Oval Stax. I put the front sentiment on with pop dots and used regular old glue for the inside.

So that's my second card for the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop - I hope you got a giggle at the sentiment and a smile! I'll be posting my last card later tonight or tomorrow - thanks, Christi!!

I would like to enter my Crazy Bird Coffee Card in the following challenges:
Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop
Sweet Stamps - #225, Anything Goes!
Use Your Stuff - #187, Sentiment 
Lawnscaping Challenges -Calling all Critters
Addicted to Stamps - #106, Summer Colors


34 comments:

  1. Haha...this poor little bird is having a hard day....and I do hope he got his coffee!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that sentiment on the inside and outside of your card ~ it is just perfect! Your little bird is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card - with a terrific sentiment duo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK.... I agree, Sometimes coffee is better than people. The bird is perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellsbells, I laughed right on out loud, Christy!! You did a marvelous job watercoloring on your new better paper and I love your whole design to pieces!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Christy! Simply lovable creation with fun sentiment, i adore the outside as well as inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW awesome card love the inside as well great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some fun here, Christi, love that bird and your sentiment! Happy Thursday and hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just glad everything is fixed! Love this fun card, his facial expression is priceless!
    Thanks for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how darling, fun sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the shading on the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bird looks wonderful and I love the fun (yet often true) sentiment!

    Something similar happened to my blog a few months ago. I couldn't access it for about 3 days and then everything was fine... Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret!! I was literally hysterical - I am going away for a week tomorrow and I had all my posts ready, just had to clean up some loose ends and them BAM! Talk about the worst timing!! Awww well, computers make our lives easier, right?? LOL

      Delete
  13. Love how you've coloured this dude!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bird is FAB and your sentiment made me laugh and the inside made me laugh even more... sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will readily admit that sometimes I feel the same way about people as this little bird does, lol! Excellent watercoloring. I'm pretty bad at it, and this card looks very well done. I enjoyed this one very much. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev!! If you only knew the truth about my water coloring, but thank you for your very sweet comment :)

      Delete
  16. hahahahhhaaaa
    So so funny! :-D I like your card a lot. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So true!! love those crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So funny! Love that sentiment! These birds always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh this is so fun, I love these birds, I think I gotta run out and find them. lol. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, I bought them and they sat for a bit, but once I started using them, well, I can't stop!! Thank you for commenting on all my Blog Hop Posts! <3

      Delete
  20. Love those birds! Great coloring, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, Christi, this is just a doll of a card! I love the combination of the sentiment and the bird. I might case you!! I have these birds and I totally love them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, Christi, this is just a doll of a card! I love the combination of the sentiment and the bird. I might case you!! I have these birds and I totally love them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha - those crazy birds go so well with the coffee theme because they constantly look surprised and under-caffeinated.

    ReplyDelete
  24. fabulous card, love your coloring and that greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! And, the sentiment is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I so LOVE this card. What a funny little critter and such a sassy sentiment. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stamps last week! I hope you'll join us this week as well for our Father's Day challenge. Have a happy day! xx Donna K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)