Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Christmas Card to Paws For

I know you just HAD to look at this post after reading the title - as most of you know, I am a die hard cat lover - well, I'm actually a die hard animal lover and I am in love with ALL that is crazy by Tim Holtz.  Anyhow, you might recall the birthday card I made for my fantastic neighbor, Helen, and her adorable little dog named Lulu.  Well, it's that time of year and I wanted to make another really special card for Helen as I truly treasure her and feel SO lucky she is my neighbor. I also made her a cute little owl ornament since Helen collects owls - how I made that will be in my next post. 

How I Made my Card:
White Card Base
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Texture Fades Beaded Garland & Snowflakes Embossing Folder Set, #660041 (discontinued) I used the Snowflakes Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alterations Holiday Words: Script #660058
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Mini Cats and Dogs Stamp Set, #CMS272
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Cats and Dogs Dies Set, #661594
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Movers & Shakers Magnetic Die Mini Wreath & Bow, #658267
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black, 650N
Watercolor Cardstock
Ranger Archival Ink Pad in Jet Black
Darice Gems (discontinued)
Red Glitter Cardstock
Gold Glitter Cardstock

The first step I took making this card was the doggies.  I stamped them on watercolor cardstock (I have to say, I've been using the Distress watercolor paper and it has made a HUGE difference in my water coloring.  I can let it dry and reintroduce more water color later and it doesn't pill up as fast as other watercolor papers do.  I have had excellent results using both a water brush and a blender pen) and colored them in using the Derwent Inktense Pencils.  Once I was done fiddling with the color, I colored their noses black with the Nuvo Crystal Drops and set them aside to dry.


Another Look
While the doggies were drying, I cut the sentiment out of gold glitter cardstock (how did I ever live without this stuff?) and embossed the red paper using the Snowflake embossing folder.  I had already cut the cute bow out when I cut one out for another card and I had tested it on the big dog - I think it looks adorable but by the look on the dog's face you can tell he isn't so happy.  I mounted the red embossed card onto the base and adhered the gold Merry Christmas onto the top of that.  Finally, I attached all the dogs and embellished them; Lulu has her signature little gem heart.  This time I added some of the gem bones that were in the set (sorry, I don't know the name of the set. I do know it was made by Darice and I did search the Darice website but nothing came up). Anyway, that is Helen's Christmas card.  I hope she likes it as much as she liked her birthday card.  Thanks SO much for taking time out to read my post! Christi 

I would like to enter my Christmas to Paws for Card in the following challenges:
Passion for Promarkers #375 - Mega Christmas Challenge, Use Your Dies and/or Punches (ends 1/3/17) 
Cards & More #174 - Christmas
Glitter 'n Sparkle  #219 - Xmas with Glitter
Christmas Card Challenge - #2,  Holiday or Christmas Card
Fashionable Stamping Challenges #118 - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. I just absolutely love the crazy dogs!! So dog-gone cute (sorry, couldn't resist ;) I love the sparkly bow and textured background!! It looks amazing!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment Lisa - and they are dog-gone cute! Hugs!!

      Delete
  2. sp sweet card!
    Happy Holidays!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dogs! Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card. Love the dogs. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...the crazy dogs have that look of innocence - when you just know they have been playing up! They make me laugh.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas Christi filled with heaps of happy memories.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely!Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card! I love those little dogs they are so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.
    - Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)