Followers

Friday, December 23, 2016

Light up the Holidays

Wishing You and Yours a
Very Happy Holiday Season!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all SO much for your continued support of my little blog!
XO Christi
and the Fabulous Feline Four



I bought myself a bunch of holiday goodies since there were so many fantastic sales.  I admit it, I'm weak when I can get a good deal.  If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I adore cats (especially my Fabulous Feline Four, in fact, Sylvester now has a bed right beside my computer monitor so he can feel a part of and keep quiet while I attempt to write these witty posts) and I am in love with the kitties at Newton's Nook.  I think Newton is adorable and I swear that Jen (the owner) is watching all the craziness that my cats create and bases the stamp sets (and the coordinating dies!) on them! But, if you have ever been owned by a cat, you probably can't look at any set of cat stamps and not chuckle, or cry.  Enough of me going on and on, here is one of my newest creations:


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Newton's Nook Newton's Holiday Mischief Stamp Set
Newton's Nook Newton's Holiday Mischief Die Set
Watercolor Paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Derwent Inktense Water Color Pencils
Nuvo Glitter Drops in Emerald City, 760N, and Ruby Slippers, 752N
DieNamics Stitched Oval Stax, MFT-521
Tim Holtz Paper Stash, Tidings, #TH93325
Blender Pen
Silver Gel Pen
Embossing Powder in Detail Black
Embossing Fluid

The first step in making this card was to emboss the image of Newton, all tied up in the lights, on watercolor paper.  I found out how difficult it is to do that, and, in hindsight, it makes sense.  The watercolor paper just absorbs the embossing ink so you have to be fast! I did manage to get a few of the images
Close Up of the Glitter Drops
embossed, so once that was done I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I colored in the bulbs with Nuvo Glitter Drops, alternating green and red.  Once they were dry (I let them sit overnight) I colored in the kitty with Derwent Inktense water color pencils and a blender pen.  I used a silver gel pen to color in the ends of the bulbs where they screw into the socket.  I stamped the sentiment onto the oval die cut using Jet Black ink and then attached the cat image next to it.


I used some designer paper from Tim Holtz, specifically the Tidings stash, trimmed it down and glued it onto the white card base.  Lastly, I adhered the oval die cut with the sentiment and the kitty onto the card.  The pictures I took of the card don't do it justice (I really should learn how to take better pictures), the little bulbs sparkle and shine when you move the card around.  I am so happy I purchased this set and there are more cards to come!  I hope your holiday season has been full of love and laughter ~ Christi

I'd like to enter my Light Up the Holidays card in the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - #122, Animals
Not Just Cards (December) - #39, Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday's Challenge - Make it Sparkle (entry #2)
Work it Wednesday - Use Your Dies (entry #3)
Show Us Your Pussies - #13, Krimbo Cats
Lost Coast Portal (December) - Christmas or Winter
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge (December) - #86, Christmas Card or Anything But a Card
Jingle Belles - Christmas Card

9 comments:

  1. An adorable card, Christi! I love how well your background paper coordinates with the string of lights! Thanks for adding your sparkling creation to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card . Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card and I love the way you did the shiny lights. I agree about cats.. mine are just crazy and I can relate to all the cats stamps I see hahaha
    Thank you for purring along to plat at SUYP Cats Challenges. :-)

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, how adorable is that mischievous little cat. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful kitty creation! Thank you for joining us at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and winning our event! Hope to see you playing with us in 2017 too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for participating in Lost Coast Portal to Creativity's It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas Event.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute card ! thx for joining us over at Lost Coast Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)