Followers

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Irish Blessing

Happy March Everyone! This month at House of Cards you can use the following colors and/or Make a Scene.  Look at those moo cows! How cute are they!

Make a Scene and/or Use Color Palette 

I am mostly Irish (in fact, I have a family tree that dates back to the 1500's) and I have had this Irish Blessing stamp since 1999.  It's one of my oldest, but most cherished stamps.  I really only use it for St. Patrick's Day and I should break it out more often; it really is a lovely poem. 


What I Used to Make my Card:
Vanilla Card Base (square 5 1/4" x 5 1/4")
DCWV Linen Closet Stack (I have the OLD one, picture below)
Irish Blessings Stamp, PSX, K-2483
Hero Arts MMH January, heart die (sold out)
Martha Stewart Medium Scroll Heart Punch (discontinued but available)
Poppy Stamps Dianna Border Die, #1029 (retired but available)
Green and Gold Glitter Cardstock
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black


Before I get into the tutorial on how I made this card I have to share about the heart on the upper Dianna Border (the green glitter die cut.)  I knew I wanted to put a heart in the middle of the border and I happen to have the Hero Arts January My Monthly Hero kit still on my desk (shocking! Not really) so I decided to try one of the heart dies included in the kit.  I cut the heart out of gold glitter card and it fit perfectly on the border.  I felt it was kind of blah, so I fished out the Martha Stewart punch.  I have had this punch for ages and have never used it but I thought it would work to spice up my card. So, I punched out the heart in the same green glitter card and the hearts fit almost perfectly!!! I mean, it was like they were MADE for each other! I was SO excited but since this card wasn't posting until this month, I had no one to with whom to share this with, until now.  The Man didn't share my enthusiasm, but I know all of you will!
Another look at the card. If you enlarge
this picture you can see the texture of the dots.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, back to your regularly scheduled program.  I made a square card out of vanilla card and cut the dotted panel out of the DCWV Linen Stack.  You can't really tell, but the dots on the panel are raised just a bit.  I stamped my sentiment on a piece of scrap vanilla card and trimmed it down to fit in the middle of the card.  Then the border and the heart were die cut, and the over heart punched out.  I adore how this came out; it is so sparkly in person and I am awestruck by how cool that heart looks.  When things come together and look even close to what I picture in my mind it is a good day! 

Thanks for reading and I do hope you will join us at House of Cards! Grab your cow stamps, your green goodies from your stash and make some cards.  We would love to see what the prompt inspires you to create.  Fondly, Christi


PS: Here is the picture of the DCWV Linen Closet Stack I use.  Seems that this one is retired and they have come out with another one, so if you are looking for the papers I used be sure you get the "old" Linen Stack.  If you do an internet search for the stack, you can find it in a multitude of places. 






I am entering my Irish Blessing card in the following challenges:
Frilly & Funkie - Welcome Spring
Work it Wednesday - Use the Color or Word Green
Paperminutes - #476, Spring
Crafting by Design - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - #183, Go Green

26 comments:

  1. Fabulous saying and like your glittery embellishing! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that this is a lovely poem. Nice card
    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of that color palette, Christi! Love the heart and vines. Great job with the glitter cardstock. I, too, have an Irish heritage on both sides of the family tree but I can't track it back that far! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have always loved that Blessing and didn't realise it came as a stamp .. it looks wonderful on the front of your pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your beautiful Irish Blessing card, Christi! The sentiment is very special to me too! We had an Irish priest at our old Polish parish church for many years while I was growing up, and he always gave us this very same blessing at the close of Mass every Sunday. One of my favorite Irish prayers! This card is just so pretty!
    Take Care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great memory Michele!! Thanks SO much for sharing that and I'm glad my card brought back some treasured memories :)

      Delete
  6. A very special and elegant card. Thanks for taking part in our Paperminutes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty designed card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love all the glitter ;o) Thank you for joining our "Go Green" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE glitter cardstock! Makes things so easy! Take care Maike :)

      Delete
  9. And a Happy St. Patty's Day to you, lass! Your card is beautiful, especially with the glittery heart! I have that stamp, too, and like you, it was one of my first! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the oldies but goodies are always fun. Thanks for stopping by Darnell ~ HUGE hugs!! xo

      Delete
  10. It's a beautiful card, Christi! I did the same verse in Cross-stitch many years ago.
    In response to the facebook conversation...I think your blog looks really good. It's clean and organized. Your main photo is nice and big. Your pages are good too. I really appreciate that you have your cat photos tucked away too! lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Irish Blessing is just wonderful and you showed it off beautifully. Thank you for sharing your design in our "Go Green" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Irish Blessing card has such lovely details, I love the glittery die cut heart! Great job! Thanks for visiting my blog and having such a sweet comment on my Christmas card. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Irish roots as well, so I really love this elegant card! Don't you just love it when a project comes together perfectly? Gorgeous stamping and beautiful details. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Welcome Spring" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Christi! Hope you had a very happy St Patrick's Day. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL ... well something caused this to pop into my queue a couple days ago! But I'm glad it did. Lovely card Christi and one of my favorite Blessings!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
    TTCRD Challenge Blog {Owner}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)