Followers

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My Card Organization File

For this month's project for Simply Crafty SVG's, I picked this file because I really needed a file to keep the cards in that I'm not going to give to the troops {I just started sending my cards to the overseas troops and, when I get more information about it, I'll be sure to share it.}  I realized I really make a lot of cards!  This file was the perfect vessel to keep the cards neat, clean, and easy to find.  Plus, I can see at a glance which type of card I need to make because my stash is low {there are five tabbed file folders that come in the kit so you can make as many as you want.}  I named my files after the project was finished.  Here is my organizer, I hope you like it!



What I Used to Make my Project:
Chipboard, medium weight {three pieces of 12 x 12}
Simply Crafty SVG's Greeting Card Organizer
DCWV Linen Closet Stack {the old stack - discontinued}
Matching green and brown card
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen
Bling, Recollections Bling Stickers

I have to tell you, this was the second one I made.  The first one was too warped to use.  See, I'm used to using gesso on just about everything that isn't a card, so I gessoed my chipboard after I cut it out with my Silhouette.  Even though I put the chipboard under a gallon bottle of water, it still warped.  And then it got worse once I put the patterned paper on it.  It was so bad, I literally could not get the top of the organizer on!  The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got.  I finally had to admit defeat and start from scratch.  It's so bad I can't even show you.  This time I left the chipboard natural; the file cut better and was a dream to assemble.  And I just got my order of white and black chipboard so I don't have to make myself crazy anymore if I want my project to be a different color.


I cut out the box and the lid, as well as the panels to decorate the box.  I assembled the box according to the PDF instruction file {included with EACH file - no more guessing!}  Once I was done with the box, I felt it needed a bit more bling.  The paper I used has an iridescent shine to it and I had nothing iridescent except glitter and, after my fiasco making the first box, there was no way I was taking any chances with this one.  Off to the craft store I went, and I found the perfect bling - and they were already in a line, so all I had to do was cut the lines apart and attach them to the box! Happy dance!

Then the next dilemma hit me.  I'm not good at the print and cut feature on the Silhouette.  I've tried and succeeded in making a HUGE mess out of
everything.  So, due to my incompetence, I used a computer generated title and, instead of using the perfectly fine label file that comes with the kit, I cut out my label using Spellbinder dies.  I'm really happy when I can mix my craft supplies, especially when they come out as beautifully as this did.  I blinged the label, then attached it to the box.  In order to ensure a good stick, I put the box, with some support in the middle, under some heavy books while the label dried.  Lastly, I cut out the file folders, using heavy white card. I suspect I'll need more of the folders but, for now, five is fine.


My organizer, complete with files
Simply Crafty SVG's has so many cool files for organization, and the biggest selection of FREE cut files I've ever seen!  I know I've said it before but having that PDF file to walk you through the assembly of your project is the best thing ever.  How many times have you bought a file, or downloaded a freebie, and had NO idea what was the best way to make the project?  Simply Crafty SVG's has taken that confusion away!  And the files on the site are beautiful; not just your average file, but files that look stunning when you are through.  And, if you mess up as I did with my first box, no worries - you can just cut another.  Thanks for stopping by, Christi

I am entering my Card Organization File box in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - #363, Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - M, #200, Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Inside the Box {literally!}
Not Just Cards - M, Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - M, Anything Goes
The Creative Crafters - #2, Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Happy National Craft Month page

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Christi, a perfect storage for your cards!! I need to make something like this too!! Absolutely fabulous! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous box, this is so lovely and I love the diamanté detail, that looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over no the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)