Followers

Monday, May 14, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

I actually made this card before I made the Hoppy Mother's Day card; mostly because my mom LOVES flowers! When living in the house we grew up in, my mom would spend all spring and summer gardening in the vegetable gardens which, as we grew up and moved out, she turned into flower gardens.  In fact, when we sold the house, one of the things the new owners loved most was the beautiful gardens.  But after I made the card, I got worried she'd just be frustrated at not being able to see the flowers so I am going to give this one to my neighbor.  



What I Used to Make my Card:
Pink Card Base
Altenew Sweet Rose Bouquet Stamps

Hero Arts Inks
Computer Generated Sentiment
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips, #MFT-1123
Green Card

This was an easy card, and I actually started it thinking it'd just be a sample.  I adore the beautiful Altenew sets, but I'm not talented enough to be able to layer the components flawlessly {I rely heavily on the downloads and videos that Altenew supplies}; so I typically test out the set.  This card was my test.  I am so proud at how it came out {well, except some of the leaves but if you didn't notice, don't look}, I decided to turn it into a card.

My only dilemma was the sentiment, so I made my own.  That alone took me
Another Look
MUCH longer than the card because I am a font junkie.  I admit it.  I must have over 3,000 fonts in my computer, so I auditioned entirely too many; then I had to size it.  Once I settled on the sentiment, I cut it and some coordinating green card using stitched fishtail banners and attached that to the stamped panel.  That was it.


I think it looks like it took me much longer to make and I know Helen will love it.  She saves all the cards I give her, just like my mom used to do.  It warms my heart!  I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day; my cats got me a box of chocolate truffles {YUM!} so I'm a happy stamper! Hugs, Christi

PS: Please don't forget to enter my giveaway! All the details are here.

I am entering my Happy Mother's Day card in the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff - For the Moms
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - Apr/May,  For Your Mom, Mum, etc.
Crafty Gals Challenge - #165, Add a Flower
Crafting by Designs - Mother's Day
Fashionable Stamping - #135, Floral
Addicted to CAS - #136, Mom


11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card... your Mother would have loved it, but it's nice of you to think of your neighbor. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning creation Christi, love those flower stamps.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are beautifully stamped. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christi, a beautiful Mother's Day card for your neighbour, I hope she appreciated the card and you made another for your Mum. Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Designs, apologies for running so late commenting... Megan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Christi,
    eine wunderschön gestaltete Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
    Viele Grüsse
    Hnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color choices! These flowers really stand out on this CAS design.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Add a Flower challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning card love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your Mom loved this card. Wonderful use of the vintage flowers stamp. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)