Followers

Monday, May 20, 2013

GoodBye to Baby

On Thursday, May 9, 2013 I had to let my cat Baby go to the Rainbow Bridge.  Baby was the runt of her litter and never weighed more than 5 pounds; when she was a kitten you could fit her in your pocket.  She was a very affectionate cat & I was blessed to have her in my life for 18 1/2 years.  I miss and love her and I wanted to put up something so the world would know she was here ~ I also want to thank the Cat Care Society's staff for their support and incredible kindness.  I am SO grateful I found them (they run a cat shelter and offer veterinary care, http://catcaresociety.org/ ) and I know Baby was comfortable and at peace when she passed. 

Thank you Baby for all the years of companionship - your mommy & daddy love & miss you
 The above picture is the last picture we have of Baby ~ she is laying with her Dad.
And here is she hanging out with me.





8 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a furry friend in March. Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth & I am sorry for your loss. . .

      Delete
  2. My Heart goes out to you! My MS Patches is 22+ years and is taking Thyroid medicine. She eats and eats. I just am going to just die myself. She is the last of my Children's childhood Pets.
    They were still in Elementary when I got Her. She is long haired Domestic and Beautiful and small like yours.

    They do not let You go Gently into That Goodnight.

    All my love of Furry Friends to you and your Baby over the Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherrie! Spike, Baby's biological brother, is still hanging in there & just started taking thyroid meds - he is also hungry ALL the time!! I really have to get him back to the vet to make sure he is getting enough medicine. I appreciate your comments ~ thank you XO

      Delete
  3. It hurts when our pets pass away. My shih-tzu dogs usually get stolen before they get very old. Had 4 stolen in all. People came into my yard and got them. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

    Kay Milam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is all part of being a pet parent. . .I can't believe people steal your fur babies - I don't know if that is worse than losing them naturally. I hope you can get a companion that can stay with you! Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  4. Sorry you lost your baby. Hard to say goodbye to these friends.

    Coleen, an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Coleen - yes, their loss is SO hard, but, I refuse to let my furbabies suffer. Baby will live on in my heart forever - thank you for your very kind comments.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)