I love Unruly PaperArts and I promised myself I would enter as many challenges as they’d let me. Well, this month’s challenge is “Postcards off the Edge” – I still have a whole bunch of ideas with that in mind, but one stuck out so far I had to make it today.
This is what I used:
- 1 piece of Priority Mail box cut to 4 x 6
- Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley Stamp Set “Say What You Mean”, #DYR34551
- A whole bunch of alcohol ink background papers – all different colors (I used inks from many different companies to make these backgrounds)
- The little pad you swipe on the stuff you are gonna emboss so the powder doesn’t stick where it isn’t supposed to
- Extra Fine Detail Embossing Powder, Black, from Stampin’ Up!
- Top Boss Embossing Pad
|The computer cannot due these justice - they are beautiful if I must say so myself :)|
First, I cut 2 x 2 squares out of the background papers. I tried to look for lighter colors because I wanted to be able to see embossed sayings. I finally ended up with six squares that I liked.
I then went to my “Say What You Mean” stamp set and chose sentiments that would fit on the squares. I didn’t even look at what they said, if they fit, they were in.
Then I swiped my squares with that anti-embossing powder pad thingie, stamped each square with a sentiment with the embossing ink, sprinkled on the embossing powder and embossed with my kick ass Weller Heat Gun. I have had this heat gun for 10 years and I LOVE it – It cost a lot of money, but it was SO worth it!
After a slight mishap where my quote literally chipped off my square, I cut a new one and all was good again. This time the embossing held up fine.
I put them on my 4 x 6 postcard and there! I love this because it is so colorful – and if I am going to do color, you are gonna see it – no mamby pamby color here! OK, I think it’s time for bed. . .
|If I can't decide between pictures, you get them all|
|I dunno, maybe this one is the best pic so far|
I am entering this fabulous postcard in Unruly PaperArts: RAQ 1 - Postcards from the Edge Challenge and I have a feeling there will be more. . . ;)