Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2015

We Are All Mad Here . . .

I knew that.  I have been seeing so many really cool quotes and as I was watching one of my TV shows, I saw one of the characters had this tattooed on her arm.  It's from Alice in Wonderland and after the saying popped up in a few more places, I decided the universe was telling me something. . . or maybe that was just the cat. . .Anyway, I chose to use this chipboard bubble frame from JittoBear to make my quote pop out and express how really mad we all are. . .

What I Used to make My Project:
JittoBear Chipboard "bubble" frame
5 x 7 panel
Gesso
Twinkling H20's in Mystic Blue, Meridian Blue, Dragon Fire, Purple Sage, Mulberry and Blue Flame
White Cardstock
Twinkling H20's in Periwinkle
Various Embellishments


Cool huh??
I first gessoed the bubble frame and the panel - I lightly gessoed the frame since I knew I'd be using the H20's, and they are water activated.  I had painted the frame and also just sort of swished the H20's on the panel, not sure exactly what I wanted for a background.  I decided I didn't like the darkness of some of the H20's on the panel, so my intention was to gesso over it and start again.  Well, a happy accident occurred when I put the gesso on the H20's it reactivated the colors but only just enough for them to appear almost pastel!  I liked that so I kept it.

I felt that white cardstock was a bit too bright for the printed words, so I first
printed them on a piece of colored cardstock.  Well, the print faded immediately and I wanted the words - needed the words - to be darker.  So I switched to plain old white card, printed my saying on that, and used Mulberry H20's to soften the starkness of the white.  So now everything blended well.
Look how sparkly the H20's made the bubbles

Nothing is glued down yet...
Then the fun part! I started going through all my bits and bobs, pulling out gems, brads, stickers, anything that I felt would add to the piece.  I had pulled a bunch of embellishments out that I thought may fit the theme and/or the
Testing. . .
color scheme, and then put the panel up where I thought my cats couldn't reach it - well, I wasn't so lucky.  I'm not entirely sure which cat did it (I am 95% sure it was Sylvester), but when I walked into my studio the next day I saw that the panel, and everything else, was no longer where I left it. And of course it is the worst part of the room, with all boxes, paper packs and general disarray, so I can't find all the original pieces, and probably never will.  So I took a deep (really, really deep) breath and started again, pulling out goodies to put on the panel.  I made a few nods to Alice and then just filled in some of the spaces with gems, beads, buttons and anything else I felt worked.  So, there you have it! 


Be sure to check out the JittoBear "Custom Orders" area on the website - you can get whatever you want designed and cut out!! Love this option! And be sure to look at the "Products" tab, there are always new designs being added in pre-cut shapes, the bubble frame was pre-cut and I already have an idea on how I want to use it again.  I am going to attach a wall hanger to the back and put this up in my studio.  I love giving myself gifts & I hope you find some time to make yourself something fun! Fondly, Christi
One last look
I am entering my wall hanging"We Are All Mad Here" into the following challenges:
Simply Create, Too - (2w) #83, No Digi's or Stamped Images
Crafting with an Attitude - (2w) #2, Freestyle/Fantasy
Stamps & Stencils - Anything Goes - April Challenge
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes (no cards) April Challenge
Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes, April Challenge
Virginia's View Challenge - (m,5/18) #14, Layers and Dimension
Dazzling Diva - #70, Mood Board or Anything Goes
Creative Moments - #65,  Anything Goes/Anything But a Card
Decorate to Celebrate - #97, Anything Goes

21 comments:

  1. This looks amazing...love the colours! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous colors! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva challenge! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project ! Love bubble piece and the colours you've used are gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glimmer and shimmer :) - Thanks so much for joining in at DD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous love the h2o 's on the bubble frame and who can resist that great quote! Love it ! Thankyou for sharing this with us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, love the colors!
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny card ;)))
    Thank you for joining simply create too#83 Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Thank you for sharing all the process, and that is really a fun sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to take the time to stop by Loly!

      Delete
  9. Fabulous project! Thank you for joining Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tones used and think I can agree with that sentiment here! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)