Followers

Monday, May 25, 2015

Sparkle Happy Birthday Card

June begins the birthday Bonanza for my family and friends - I am swamped with birthdays for the next 2 months, so I decided to use one of the JittoBears awesome Happy Birthday sentiments on my first card of the "season". I'm pretty proud as I typically wait until the last minute to make my cards - well, at least one is done!

You can see the sparkle on the Happy Birthday and a little on the image
What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Numerous Distress Markers
Pale Yellow Shimmer Paper
White Cardstock for Image
JittoBear Happy Birthday Chipboard
Crafty Individuals Stamp - CI-367
White Gel Pen
Wink of Stella in Clear

The Crafty Individuals stamp is a brand new one for me - I have loved their stamps from afar, since they are located in England, but was lucky enough to find this lovely one on Amazon, so I scooped it up!  I used the good old "huff" technique on this card. I colored the stamp with Distress Markers (sorry, I was so busy I didn't make note of the ones I used), taking care to try to color each flower, butterfly, etc. a different color. You never know what the image is going to look like when you finally stamp it which is half the fun! After I colored the image, I huffed on it a few times (a huff isn't to dry the ink, but to re-wet it a little bit) and stamped it on scrap white card.  I loved the way it came out, looks sort of like a watercolor painting!  I spritzed the stamp with a bit of water and stamped it again a few times until the ink ran out.  I set the image aside to fully dry.

Then I took my sentiment, the chipboard Happy Birthday from JittoBear.  I have to let you all know, this is an amazing value - you get 10 different Happy Birthday cuts in a pack, all different fonts and all different sizes!  Plus, if you see something you want in chipboard just ASK them and get a quote! Anyway, I
typically coat my chipboard with gesso, but this time I just used it raw.  I used a Distress Marker, Seedless Preserves I think, and colored the chipboard.  I let it dry (and it dried lighter than it went on, so keep that in mind) and used some white gel pen to lighten the color up just a little more.  When it was done the color was so awesome (the white gel pen sort of melted into the purple) but I needed some sparkle.  I took my trusty Wink of Stella pen in Clear and covered the whole Happy Birthday, then highlighted certain areas on the colored stamped image.

Lastly, I cut a piece of the light yellow shimmer card, cut it down to size and mounted both my sentiment and image on that, then mounted that onto the blank white card base.   
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please consider becoming a follower as I am trying to get 100 new blog subscribers this year.  Be sure to let me know what you think of my creations in the comment section and leave your blog info so I can leave you some blog love in return.  Have a great day! Christi

I would like to enter my Sparkle Happy Birthday Card in the following challenges:
Ink on my Fingers - #357, Anything Goes
Allsorts - #312, Happy 6th Birthday Allsorts!
Simply Papercraft - #5, Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday  - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #86, Anything Goes, No Patterned Paper

13 comments:

  1. I love all of the sparkle and those beautiful flowers....quite lovely! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Sharyn :)

      Delete
  2. A very pretty floral card Christi.

    Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda ~ I love entering Allsorts Challenges :)

      Delete
  3. I too love Crafty Individuals... and I love how you coloured this stamp.... the old huff technique really does work perfectly... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments Hels! So many techniques that I "forget" about - the oldies but goodies :)

      Delete
  4. I love the way you colored the CI stamp! You always have a way with colors. It's very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannan! You are so supportive of me & I appreciate it so much :) <3

      Delete
  5. Wow. so Lovely!
    Thanks for playing at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining our 6th birthday challenge at allsorts tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy :) Fab celebration you guys are having :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a sucker for watercoloured images! Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)