Followers

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Just Inklined at Through the Craft Room Door

Better late than never, right?? 

When I had to choose an image to use for Through the Craft Room Door's challenge from Just Inklined I struggled because I am so new at coloring I did't feel I could do any of the images justice.  I chose the hyacinths because my mom was a serious gardener (I personally can't grow a weed) and we always had an amazingly colorful backyard.  I loved the beautiful purple hyacinths and I plan on giving her this card. So, here is my attempt at this beautiful flower:

Honestly, it didn't come out as well as I wanted it to, but, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I only have about 20 Copic markers, so I try to fill in with water color pencils, gel pens or anything else I can think of.  I am not as nervous as I used to be working with the Copics, but I still have SOOOO much to learn.  I think if I had made the image bigger and used it as a wall hanging I would of been able to color it better - who knows, maybe that will be Mom's birthday gift!

Now it's your turn to enter your creation in the Anything Goes TTCRD challenge. You never know, you just might win! Thanks so much for stopping by! Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
DigiChooseday - Easter/Flowers
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #29, Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams (M) - Use a Die Cut
Digitally Sweet - (M) - Spring is in the Air

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I think you're doing great with colouring, it looks brilliant. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers! I'm sure your mom will love this!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty:) Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, Christi, using my favorite color. I don't know how your mom won't love it. The flowers look great. Just like the real thing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I think your colouring is great, (better than mine) I love hyacinths too and their lovely perfume. Your Mum will be thrilled I'm sure. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your coloring looks great - fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I love hyacinths. They smell beautiful. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Easter/Flowers Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous die cut and the layout is wonderful. The image is gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie Camp DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! I hope you'll join us again!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)