Followers

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

It's a Banner Year with Stinkin' Inkers!

Well, now that the holiday hubbub has calmed down {at least I hope it has for you!}, we can get back to creating just for fun.  This month Stinkin' Inkers is celebrating the New Year with the challenge of using a banner(s) and/or pennant(s) in your creation.  I hope you like my cards - yes, I made two of them again - it's SO easy when I make my watercolor Oxide Ink background to make enough for two!

I do want to focus on the Happy New Year card because, truthfully, the banner on the Celebrate card dried sort of wonky.  Ah well !

What I Used to Make my Card:
Watercolor Paper
White Card Base
Blue Card Base
Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers & Iced Spruce
Banners made by Silhouette Cameo
Embossing Ink
Piccolo Embossing Enamel in Deep Blue Sky
Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit, November 2017
Tim Holtz Crazy Talk, CMS236
Tim Holtz Mini Swirly Snowflakes, CMS320
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

Making the background was the easiest part of these cards.  Once I was satisfied with the color combination I had made with the Oxide inks, I just
randomly stamped the snowflakes with the black ink.  I cut the paper in half, trimmed it down a bit, and now I had two backgrounds to work with.


I made the banners with my Silhouette CAMEO and then just added the words.  Both sentiments are embossed in Deep Blue Sky, which is SUCH a pretty blue; you have to see it in person to truly appreciate its beauty.  I then attached the background to the chosen card base, added on the banners, and I was done!  I have to admit, my recent obsession with making two cards stems from a challenge that a good friend of mine started the first of January.  The Happy New Year sentiment is from the My Monthly Hero Kit from November; this is the first time I've used the kit, so I am calling it new for all the challenges that are using the word "new." 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Christi

I am entering my New Years Banner Card in the following challenges:
Always Fun Challenges - #39, Something New
Cards in Envy - Winter Chills
Crop Stop - M, January Challenge {they carry Oxide Inks}
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Something New
Paper Minutes - #519, Happy New Year
Stamp Ink Paper - #131, Emboss It
Papercraft Challenges - #2, Happy New Year

10 comments:

  1. Love the pretty blue background and the gorgeous snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty oxide backgrounds! I almost always make two cards in the same design. Since I belong to a card ministry they never go to waste!
    So happy you linked your pretty winter cards up to the Cropstop blog! Do join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background on your card Christi! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the inky backgrounds, fab cards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background with the oxides Christi! Love your card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowflakes and such a fabulous background using the oxide inks. Thanks for sharing at Always Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work and I am in love with the background! It's always so inspiring to see products used their best and you've really nailed the Distress Oxides here. I love how the banner contrasts so perfectly with the other colors, too. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card!Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges and good luck! Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)