Followers

Friday, November 9, 2018

I'm With You

Hi all! I hope you had a fantastic Halloween - I know I haven't posted as much since Halloween ended; I needed some recovery time!  Well, it's a new month and that means a new challenge at Die Cut Diva's - and this month is ANYTHING GOES!  I don't know about you, but that is my favorite challenge theme! 



The sponsor for this month's challenge is SheepSki Designs; just click the name to go to the shop on Etsy, and if you win you will get your choice of 3 digi images!  Andrea is a truly talented artist.  Now, for my creation, I'm With You:


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Alcohol Ink Markers {various manufacturers} 
Gelly Roll Stardust Pens
SheepSki Designs, Snowman Selfie, #100
Gold Card
Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Squares, #TUTTI-218
Tutti Designs Stitched Nested Rectangles, #TUTTI-217
Embossing Ink
Gold Embossing Powder 
Hero Arts Sentiment from You Are Loved, #CM171
Gold Snowflake Paper {from stash, but I think it is old, very old, Anna Griffin}
Wink of Stella in Clear

I started my card by coloring in the image with alcohol ink markers.  For those of you who use them on a regular basis, I have a question; why is it no matter what color I am using I never have the correct color to achieve the effect I want?  It's not like I want to make some crazy design.  I'd just like to highlight like I see all the "pros," but regardless if I am using blue, purple, or brown, I never seem to have the correct color to highlight.  Honestly, I think if I had every color known, I'd still be unable to color like I want to simply because I don't practice enough.  I am thinking that after the holidays, I'm going to invest some time and money and sharpen my skills.  I say that now - eh, we'll see.  

After my image was colored, I cut it and a gold frame, using the stitched nested dies.  I set the frame and image aside.  I had found the glittery gold snowflake paper in my stash, it was even cut to the size I needed, and I adhered that to my white card base.  I wanted to make the card a support card, not just a winter card, so I grabbed the You Are Loved set {and I just have to say, Hero Arts donates 100% of the proceeds of these certain "kindness" sets to various kindness charities - check them out and get more information HERE} and choose my sentiment from it.  I gold embossed the saying, cut it using the stitched rectangle die, and set it aside.  Then I mounted my Snowman Selfie on the card at an angle and placed the sentiment on the card as well.  Lastly, I decided to add some bling and I colored randomly on the hats and noses with
Another peek

the sparkly Stardust Pens.  I also used clear Wink of Stella to add a shine to the white portion of the Santa hat.  I just couldn't have that beautiful gold snowflake paper do all the sparkle work!

For readers who have been around for a while, I am still struggling with the digi images but I have come to realize that most of my angst is because I don't feel that I can color them correctly.  As you have already read, I think I have figured out a plan to remedy that.  While I am waiting to be able to devote the chunk of time and resources, I'll be watching all the free You Tube videos I can.  If you have one to recommend, please put it in a comment!  I've got to go close the windows now; it's about 34 degrees and my nose is cold. Hopefully I will see you playing at Die Cut Diva's Challenge.  Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by!  ~Christi

I would Like to Enter my "I'm With You" card in the following challenges: 
To Be Filled out After I take a nap.  I apologize for being so late adding these challenges - my 4 am to 8 am shift is a bit hard to adjust to!  Without further ado:

Scrapy Land - #101, Anything Goes with a die company they carry
DL Art Thankful Thursday Challenge - #237
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Thanks
Papercraft Challenge - #24, Friendship
Dies R Us - #108, Stitched Dies {entry #2}
SheepSki's Designs Challenge - #20, Anything Christmas Goes

8 comments:

  1. I had such fun reading your blog post here. Sometimes I think the same thing about my markers. If I only had this one or that. LOL This looks just great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christi this is so adorable! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Stitched Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, fun card! Love all the happy snowmen! I'm so glad you played in our "Stitched Dies" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job to say you're not comfortable with colouring, love that you've done them lots of different colours :) . you can enter this into my challenges if you like blog and Facebook
    Andrea x
    SheepSki Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Christi. Your coloring is so nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab gold with this fun, happy image, so pretty. Thank you for joining Sheepski Designs November challenge, I hope you'll join us again this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)