Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter

The newest Lawn Fawn release has cleaned out my tax refund, but the images are just SO cute I had to have most of them!  I'm actually proud that I didn't buy them all!  My family isn't religious at all, and most of my friends aren't either so I had no Easter stamps (except one other Lawn Fawn set, which is also SO cute) but you know we have to use the NEW stuff!  I love the bunnies in this set; you'll see them later.  This adorable Easter basket called my name for the first card I've made with all of my new Lawn Fawn goodies.  I hope you like it as much as I do!




What I Used to Make this Card:
White Card Base
Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes Petite Paper Pack, #LF1355
Lawn Fawn Outside In Easter Egg Stackables,  #LF1627
Lawn Fawn Eggstra Amazing Easter stamps, #LF1884
Lawn Fawn Eggstra Amazing Easter dies, #LF1885
Lawn Fawn Mushroom House dies, #LF1920 {I used the butterfly die out of this set}
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Hero Arts Ink in Lavender {came with a MMH kit, but available in these sets}
Lavender Bow {from stash}

I started this card by using the egg shaped die cut to make a window on the front of the white base card.  I backed that opening with the watercolor paper {there are two shades of paper in this pack; I used the lighter shade} and set it aside to dry.  While my card base was drying, I stamped the basket, bunny, and
Another Look
eggs on water color paper, colored them in with my Zig markers, and cut them out.  I also cut the butterflies out of pastel colored paper.  I dug through my bows and found the lavender bow that matched my color scheme and fussed with it until I was happy with the size.


Once my card base was dry, I assembled the basket, added the bow, and glued it onto the card along with the butterflies.  I stamped the sentiment with matching ink, cut it out with the fishtail die, and adhered that to the front of the card, trimming off the ends since it was a wee bit too long.  I'm not a pastel type of person but I love the softness of this card.  It's going to my wonderful neighbor and I think she will just love it - mostly because she loves everything I make.  She's like a second mom to me, which is wonderful since my mom is blind and can't really appreciate the cards & gifts I give her.  I still make them for my mom, but I know it frustrates her that she can't see them.  Anyway, this card is all ready to hop on over to Helene's and wish her a Happy Easter! Thanks for reading & have a great day! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Easter card in the following challenges:
Creative Friday - #228, Rabbit, eggs, Easter fun
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Mood Board


Paper Funday - #4, Anything Goes, Option: Easter
The Card Concept - #113, Spring Celebration


Cuttlebug Mania - Make a Card w/ and Easter Egg on it
Dragonfly Dreams - Include an Animal

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card love the Rabbit. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to put the bunny and basket INSIDE the egg shape! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute - I love the shape of die like an egg! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely!Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)