Followers

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Party Like it's 1922!

I have been a fan of Hero Arts since I started stamping and when they came out with their My Monthly Hero kit I HAD to subscribe!! I've been crafting for a long time and the value of these kits amazes me every month!  With moving {again!} and helping my friend pack his home and prepare for his move cross country, plus all the fun things life throws at you {like needing a new car and a kitty with tooth issues!} I haven't been able to play with the kits as much as I'd like to, but I did manage to make a cool retro card with the kit from February {the stencil in this kit is calling my name!} I think this card is especially relevant since we have all been inside all winter and now it's getting warmer; puts me in the mood to PAR TAY! 



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Black Cardstock
Gold Card
Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit, February 2019
Hero Arts Gold Embossing Powder, #PW100
Wink of Stella Clear
Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
Dimensional Dots

I glued the sized, black card to the base, then attached the background piece which I cut out of gold card.  I kept the largest piece from the background cut and glued that back into the center of the card.  The dancers were embossed with the gold embossing powder, as was the sentiment on the banner.  I cut the banner and dancers and attached them to the card, using dimensional dots for the banner.  It was then I decided to add some sparkle with the Wink of Stella pen in clear.  

I learned something - don't start with an old pen and finish with a new pen! The difference between the sparkle was very evident, so I went over the spaces with the new pen.  Honestly, it would have been easier if I had gone over the black panel before putting the background die cut on, but I rarely do things the easy way!  When inspiration strikes, you need to listen!  I also decided to lightly edge the banner in gold after it was attached to the card - not the brightest move, but it came out better than expected.  Leafing pens used to be all the rage and that is what we used to use to make alcohol ink backgrounds {called Polished Stone back in the day} before companies released all the cool mix ins formulated specially for alcohol inks.  The pens can be costly, I've seen them up to $10 apiece {I've also seen them for under $6}, but they last such a very long time I feel they are worth the price.  Plus, I use them for other things than just art - I've used my silver leafing pen to touch up jewellery {the leafing pen is duller than polished silver, but I've put clear coat on the touched up spots and it blends in fine} and many other uses that escape me at the moment.  

Anyway, this card is so festive and while it is traditionally a birthday card, I think I could send it out to anyone needing a lift.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  Are you on social media?  I am and I would love it of you'd give me a follow.  If you do decide to subscribe to me, please leave me a comment so I can return the favor!  Thanks so much for reading,and have a fabulous day!  Fondly, Christi
 
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies, #2114 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Layer It
A Place to Start, #4 - Anything Goes & Make it Elegant
Crazy for Challenges, #578 - Party Themed Card

Thanks for reading all of this and stay safe & healthy!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of all things art deco and this is a fab card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love art deco and you have represented it well with this project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)