Followers

Friday, March 12, 2021

You Have My Heart

Hey everyone!

First, I have been moving and as I write this I am currently surrounded by bins & boxes - I'm exhausted just looking at all the stuff I need to find homes for.  Anyway. . . .

Have you ever seen a card and said to yourself "I need that stamp"? That was the beginning of this card!



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Simon Says Stamp You Have my Heart Stamp Set, #SSS202250C 
Simon Says Stamp You Have my Heart Die Set, #SSSD112295C
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink
Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch
Dimensional Dots
Wink of Stella Clear

Cindy's Card
I was so inspired by the beautiful card made by CRNCards {you can check out her other creations on her Instagram account, @CRNCards}I had to get this set.  I love the clean and simple look of the wreath, and the purple hues Cindy used are just gorgeous! Since there is only one flower on the wreath I figured I could actually color the image and make it look good enough to present it to the public.  I enjoyed coloring this wreath so much I plan on stamping a bunch of them on watercolor paper, to have them ready if the coloring bug bites me.  I have already stamped and started to color the other floral element in the set but this wreath is my favorite part! All I did was stamp the wreath, color it with my Zigs, cut it out, figure the placement, stamp the sentiment onto the card base and use dimensional dots to attach the wreath.  I'm not skilled at clean and simple cards but I feel that this card is a great example.  So, as I asked before, have you ever seen a card and literally rushed to get the set it was made from? If so, let me know below! 

Thanks for stopping in, I appreciate it! 

Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Crafting Happiness Challenges, #87 - Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Something Green
Dragonfly Dreams - Include a Flower or Flowers
Challenge Up Your Life, #133 - Flowers
NBUS Challenge, #24 - Anything Goes as Long as it's New {first time I have used this set!}
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - A Bit 'O Green
Addicted to Stamps and More, #400 - Use Dies and/or Stencils
Watercooler Wednesday, #311 - All thing Feminine
The Cat's Pajamas, #377 - Florals
Craft Rocket Challenges, #79 - Use Dies and/or Spring


6 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope you'll link up again! We always have two challenge options: 1) weekly theme OR 2) Anything Goes for those who don't want to use the theme. All craft types welcome, and Unlimited entries!
    Smiles,
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet and lovely! So glad you have shared this with us at Challenge Up Your Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just incredibly beautiful! - I love it and can see why you "needed it" but your colouring has really brought it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely stamp!
    Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that all the time, Cindy. The difference is, you are good about using your NBUS immediately. I am good about putting my NBUS away and then forgetting about it. :( I can see why you had to have this set and I love the uber CASlicious card you made with it! Beautifully colored! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Good luck with the unpacking! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)