Followers

Monday, March 7, 2022

Lawn Fawn Hope Card

The current situation in the world is making me feel so helpless; I can't do much to help any of the people affected by these events, so I made a card with Ukraine in mind. I actually feel for ALL the civilians involved in this catastrophe and while I may hold strong opinions about world leaders, I do not wish harm to come to any innocent civilian. I have to say, crafting truly does help heal because I feel better, a bit brighter.  I like that this card has a cheerfulness to it.  All the cute daisies actually bring spring to mind as well; and spring is a time for hope. So, this card has two meanings; works for me! Here you go:

 


All of the dies are from Lawn Fawn; I made the daisies using the Little Flowers set {while not new, this is the first time I have used this set}, using gold glitter card for the flower centers, the grass from this border die, the sun background is this die and the letters are from this set.  Obviously, the colors are sort of the Ukrainian flag's colors {I struggled with incorporating enough blue, but I really loved the sun as the background instead of a blue sky}.  The letters were half pressed {inspired by Jenn Shurkus and how beautifully she does this sort of technique} into embossing ink and then embossed with Wow! Clear Hologram Sparkle embossing powder. The grass is popped up using dimensional tape, some of the daisies are glued to the card and some to the grass. The papers are from my stash, but I think they are Core'dinations because they do have some texture to them. Thanks so much for stopping by ~ stay safe, Christi

PS: Do you want to help Ukraine but don't know how? Go to Yana Smakula's post here - The coordinator, Denzil Quick is amazing! I emailed him and he responded within a DAY!! #freeUkraine

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, #177 - Anything Goes

The Paper Players, #581 - Spring is in the Air
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a Die Cut (#2)
Dies R Us, #188 - Anything Goes using a Product they Sell
NBUS Challenge, #36 - Anything NBUS (#2)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Add Some Green
The Friendship Challenge, #75 - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts, #442 - Sparkle & Shine

 




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Crafting does help. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christi! Glad you joined us at Creative knockouts
    Bhavya DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s a very beautiful project. Everybody needs hope in this situation...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and the support for Ukraine. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Christi!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time around- good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)