Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

You're My Kind of Peep

 My friend Tom absolutely loves Peeps.  He's never met a Peep he didn't like; in fact, the more sugary and weird the flavor was, the more he loves them.  One year we found fruit punch flavored Peeps but have not been able to find them again.  I hate it when that happens; you find something you love and they either discontinue it or stop carrying it.  That happens to me ALL the time.  Anyway, I thought this slimline card with some pastel Peeps might brighten his day a bit.


I used a homemade white slimline card and covered it in rainbow spotted paper.  I stamped the sentiment using my favorite black ink on watercolor paper and colored it in with Zigs and used a black marker for the shadow.  I then cut the sentiment out using a stitched nesting square die.  Cutting out all the bunnies in shades of pastels really isn't manly, but I wanted to keep the spring feel.  Their tails were just die cut out of white card.  Lastly, I then used dimensional dots to attach the rabbits to the card and glued the sentiment onto the top of the card.  Unfortunately, the stamps & dies {Simon Says Stamp, You're My Kind of Peep} are discontinued, but you might be able to find them online somewhere. I was lucky enough to find them in one of the Facebook Groups I belong to and it's the first time I am using them :)

I love these cute peeps and I feel the card is so charming! I hope this card brings Tom some joy and the very cool part is I am going to visit him {I am leaving on 5/29/22} so I will be hand delivering this card; I am SO excited! I thank you for visiting and appreciate you! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash, #471 - Make Mine a Tall One {slimline or mini slimline}
Alphabet Challenge Blog - D is for Die Cuts
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything Goes/Use Patterned Paper
The Diva's That Cut - Anything Goes
NBUS, #38 - Anything NEW Goes



6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant fun card for your friend,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute and oh, so personal. Love it. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas June Challenge of “Anything Goes”. Arlene, DT for Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable little peeps!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our “Make Mine A Tall One” challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the BEST, Christi! Tom will love it, especially because you get to hand-deliver it to him! Have a wonderful time and eat lots of any peeps you can find! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS and thank you for the personal visit, my GOOD friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. So fun and colorful! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Shopping Our Stash and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and it's perfect for your friend. Love those colours. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)