Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Shimmery Joy Card

While it is just starting to heat up here I am sharing this sparkly Christmas card today.  I've had this card in my head for a while and I'm pleased that it looks just like I'd hope.  Hope you enjoy it!


I used a swirling snowflakes embossing folder, embossing a piece of shimmer white paper, which I then attached to a white card base.  Setting the card aside, I set to making the snowflakes. I used these beautiful opaque pearl white diamond shaped Dew Drops.  For each snowflake I used 6 of the Dew Drops, adhering them together on a piece of non-stick freezer paper, but any non-stick surface, such as a craft sheet will work.  What I did was put a dot of glue on the non-stick paper, then placed the diamonds in a "circle" pattern; then placed a small drop of glue in the center of the snowflake and added a Mini Pearl Dew Drop onto the glue.  You need to use something non-stick since the glue becomes a part of the snowflake and after leaving the flake to dry overnight you need to be able to gently lift the snowflake from the paper. The flake may still be slightly damp and may bend a bit. Just put the snowflake back onto the non-stick sheet, and gently bend the Diamond Dew Drops back into place and let it dry a bit more.  I turned the snowflakes over and let them dry overnight again just to make sure they were fully dry. Meanwhile, I had used holographic paper {the pattern I used is a burst, or fireworks pattern; it's subtle, but you can still see it since the word die is so large} and cut out the word joy {I used Winnie & Walter's In a Word Joy die, but they are no longer in business.  You can find many other options for a large joy die}, then popped the word up with dimensional tape. I added three of the snowflakes I made, as well as a few more of the Mini Dew Drops in Pearl.  The card is very sparkly and festive in person, and I know the recipient will certainly get into a holiday mood.  

Thanks so much for visiting and checking out my card! Have a fabulous day and I will see you again soon :) Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (#597) - Anything Goes Christmas
12 Months of Christmas (#89) - Anything Christmas Goes
Creatalicious (#236) Anything Goes w/ Lots of Bling
The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Up in the Air (Snowflakes)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sparkly card! Thanks for sharing with the 12 months of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card - I really enjoyed reading how you made the snowflakes from the diamond shaped dew drops - you must be a very patient crafter.... Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)