Followers

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Celebrate with the Cats!

My local stamp store has a mascot - a kitty named Sacha - and they are celebrating her 2nd birthday.  I had already been formulating a card using these stamps in my mind, so when I read about the celebration in their email newsletter I was happy to see that they requested birthday cards be mailed to Sacha. I really need to get to the store to see the birthday girl as I doubt she'll be at the convention coming to Denver (I am hoping be there Friday, Sept. 12, 2014 - if you are going as well let's meet up! Drop me an email)  I quickly put this together and dropped it in the mail.
How can you not want to celebrate with these felines!?!
What I Used to Make this Card:
Cherry Pie Stamps, Group of Cats, R8509
Lost Coast Stamps - Party Cat (this is a hand mounted stamp and I had written Lost Coast Designs on it, but I couldn't find it in their catalog)
A2 White Card Base
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Scraps of festive paper
Celebrate rub-on - 7 Gypsies ALa Card Birthday Rub-Ons (discontinued)
Stickles in Diamond
Pop Dots

A fairly simple card - the hardest part for me was cutting the little party hats small enough! I stamped the group of kitties on the card base first, then stamped the party cat on separate paper, fussy cut her out and added Stickles, in Diamond, to the hat, with my finger.  There is no coloring under the Stickles, but it looks like there is - very cool! I cut out a bunch of little party hats out of scrap, trying to pick the sparkliest, most festive scraps I could (not easy when they are SO tiny!) and glued them on to the cats that were facing forward - a little detail that I bet you didn't notice (keeping you on your toes!).
The Party Hat Makes the Cat
I added the Celebrate Rub-On (I have to tell you, I used to be terrified of rub-ons - not in the scary horror movie way, but scary in the "I know I am going to mess this up and can't fix it" way, so I have TONS of them! I belonged to a kit club and I got rub-ons every month.  So, I am working on my fear of rub-ons!) and then pop-dotted my party cat on the card, after the Stickles dried, of course.
Dimension!


No coloring needed!   By now Sacha has her card, and birthday wishes from my five felines - I hope her birthday month is fabulous! 




Another View - you can see the white outline a bit on the rub-on

Thanks for popping by ~ don't forget, the new challenge at Craft-Room Challenge is up and there is a Design Team Call at Anything But a Card! Come and play with us ~ Christi

I am happily entering my card in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments - Any Sentiment Other Than Birthday  
Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge - Use Snippets of Paper - the party hats are snippets :)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Be Bold 
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes w/ option of recycle (I recycled those bits of paper!)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)