Followers

Monday, September 15, 2014

Forest Friends Holiday Card



The newest challenge, #85, at Craft Room Challenge was chosen by Amber and her theme is Forest Friends.  I looked through my stamp stash and surprisingly I don’t own a single stamp with a forest animal on it so I resorted to using my Silhouette Cameo machine.  I have to confess I was inspired by the beautiful canvas that Zoe made - one of the many perks to being on the Design Team, we sometimes get sneak peeks!  

What I Used to Make my Card:
Silhouette Cameo
Reindeer Cut File
Tree Cut Files
Branch Cut File
Kraft Cardstock
Light Brown Cardstock (mine had some texture)
Dark Brown Cardstock
Glitter White Cardstock
Ranger Liquid Pearls in Platinum
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz "Simple Sayings" set, CMS155
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Scrap of White Cardstock
Distress Marker in Gathered Twig
Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy 
Craft Sheet
Detail Paint Brush

First I cut out my reindeer.  Knowing he was going to be the focus I felt he should be cut out first. I chose a light brown cardstock that was already embossed with lines to give a bit of texture to him.  After he was cut, I scribbled
some Gathered Twigs Distress Marker on my craft sheet, spritzed a bit of water and painted the antlers and hooves, very lightly, just to help the reindeer stand out a bit more.

Next step was the trees.  This step took me the longest because I had to find the perfect fur trees.  So I searched through all my cut files (I have hundreds) and found a few good trees and a branch that I thought would look good.  I chose a few different shades of brown cardstock and the glitter white cardstock that I took from the DCWV "The Halloween" Stack (I cannot get enough glitter paper - it amazes me that the glitter is embedded into the paper, but, it doesn't take much to amaze me) and cut my trees and the branch.  I put a few spot of Liquid Pearls on the branch to simulate snow; I used a toothpick to move it around after I put a
small dot on the branch.

I chose my Kraft card base, placed the trees in the background, cutting a few in half and I trimmed the branch to fit better.  I stamped the "happy holidays" sentiment on the scrap of white cardstock, using Brushed Corduroy ink, trimmed it down and edged it with the Brushed Corduroy as well to pop it out a bit.  That's my first holiday card of the season and now the ideas are coming fast and furious!

I hope you enjoyed my Forest Friends Holiday Card! Please consider joining us at Craft Room Challenge and enter in your own Forest Friends creation - just PLEASE read the new rules! Thanks ~ Christi


Another look - this one shows the sparkle :)


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas - #29, Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas - #194, Silent Night (I imagine it is quiet in my scene because the buck came out to play)
Creative Cutting Challenge - #38, Anything Goes
Vintage Stamping Challenge - #29, Anything Goes (September Challenge)
Paper Creators Crafts - #29, Early Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)