Followers

Monday, September 1, 2014

Something Old and Something New at Craft-Room Challenges



For this fortnight’s challenge at Craft-Room Challenges, Annie has chosen the theme of “something old and something new”.  Well, I had just gotten some stamps and I actually made another card for this challenge, but, I didn’t like it.  So, I made another one – my something old is the Dresden frame (which I have had for over 10 years) and my something new is the card? Or, the DCWV paper stack which I never used before (ok, not exactly new, but. . .)? Take your pick.

The days are getting cooler and shorter and that means my very favorite holiday is right around the corner ~ Halloween!!
 What I used to make my card:
A2 White Card Base
Skull Cut File & Silhouette Cameo
Dresden Frame
DCWV "The Halloween Stack"
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Simple Sayings set, CMS155
Crafters Pick The Ultimate Glue 

I don’t have a lot of pictures for this one as it’s pretty self-explanatory – I began with an A2 white card base and went from there.  I measured the inside of my Dresden frame and started up my Silhouette Cameo. I found a skull cut file & sized it so I could fit it in my frame and cut it out of plain white cardstock.  The orange and purple papers are from the DCWV The Halloween Stack – the orange paper has a bit of texture to it, with some very fine dots and the purple is slightly metallic.  This is the first time I have used this stack and I know you’ll be seeing much more from it – it has sparkle paper in white! I can see the Holiday cards already!

I cut the orange paper to fit inside the frame and the purple paper ¼” smaller than the card base.  Then I stamped the Happy Halloween sentiment from the Simple Sayings set and trimmed that down.  My skull looked really plain so I jazzed it up with the Silver Siam embossing powder and I think it makes that skull much spookier.
Another View
That’s really about it.  The card is simple but very effective.  I hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend we are having in the US and that you find some time to “labor” in your craft room - and, don't forget, you have 2 entire weeks to enter the newest challenge at Craft-Room Challenges!!  ~ Christi
PS: Anything But a Card is having a Design Team Call - it's SO much fun and you'd be working with an awesome team!  

I would like to enter my Something Old & Something New Halloween Card in the following challenges:
Crafting from The Heart - #34, Anything Goes
Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge Blog - September Challenge, Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog - #9, September Challenge, Make a Card
One Crazy Stamper - September Challenge, Halloween or Christmas
Sister Act Card Challenge - #72, Anything Goes
DRS Designs - It Gives me the Creeps!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)